Missing Disk Grand 3?

All topics on The Grand 3

Missing Disk Grand 3?

Postby Lorenzo75 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:19 am

I have purchased Cubase 6.5 and the package contained trial disks, including The Grand 3,
After purchasing the access code through Steinberg and installing the disk, I found that it only contains three of the instruments. After checking the Grand 3 manual, it seems there should be two installation disks to cover all the instruments.
Do I have to buy a second disk, after understanding from the information that came with Cubase, that I would have access to six instruments, or is there another way of solving my problem?
Thanks for any help.
Lorenzo
Lorenzo75
Lorenzo75

Re: Missing Disk Grand 3?

Postby SLD Music » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:13 pm

The trial that comes with Cubase is not the Grand 3. It is the Grand 3 SE. This version only comes with three instruments. To get all the instruments in the full version, you need to purchase the full version. And as far as I understand it there is no upgrade path from the Grand 3 SE to the Grand 3.
iMac 27" Quad Core 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.7
Steinberg MR816, Motif XF8, Maschine, Cubase 6.5.3 / 7.03. Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Komplete 8 Ultimate, Fabfilter Total Bundle, Sibelius
SLD Music

Postby Lorenzo75 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:34 am

Thanks for your reply.
It's interesting that there was no obvious information to that effect in the C6.5 package, or in the G3 manual.
I appreciate your help.
Cheers, Lorenzo
Lorenzo75
Lorenzo75

Postby DavidF » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:19 pm

I agree - I have just bought SE from my trial disc with 6.5 Artist. I mistakenly thought that this was a special price for the full package and that the two additional pianos would be unlocked upon activation. It was only after I activated SE that this was not the case. I wouldn't have bought it if I had realised this, I would simply have used up the trial. I bought Halion Sonic 2 at the same time, and have to say the Yamaha 90ES piano in HS2 is as good as the C7 in SE. Very disappointed..
DavidF

Return to The Grand 3