Ping Pong with Vienna Ensmble Pro & Cubase

Below may be out of date info…

I don’t use VEP myself, but I’ve had quite an interest in ways to utilize/share resources among computers in various ways for a long while. During the course of my interests in such things, I’ve read about VEP a bit, and a few times or so throughout different forums I’ve read that effects cannot be shared between VEP & Cubase… maybe other DAW software too. This is NOT from personal experience mind you, just what I’ve read from others who use VEP, and this is said to be the one thing that they are disappointed in VEP for. Maybe things have changed since I’ve read that? Or maybe this is something that will change in the future? To the contrary, I’ve read a few times where people have compared VEP to FX-Teleport, that it has been able to do this for years.

Don’t take my word of ‘hearsay’ though, wait for more replies & also do some research on that point yourself. Note that I believe I’ve read that on geraslutz.com, I’m sure if you do a google search, quite a few hits will be on gearslutz. I’m sure VEP has a forum?