are the new tablets with Win8 Pro capable of running Cubase

Find topics on computers, studios and music-related hardware.

are the new tablets with Win8 Pro capable of running Cubase

Postby Rudie Vissenberg » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:03 pm

Hi,

Every day I spend 2 hours on the train and I would like to use that time more efficiently by working on my songs. Unfortunately the type of trains I travel on don't have a small table to put a notebook on so I was thinking about a Windows 8 Pro tablet. When I look at all the specs of the tablet on the market I see they only have 2GB of memory. Is this enough to run Cubase 7?

Your remarks are highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Rudie
Win7 64bit, AMD Phenom II X6 1055T, 8Gig RAM, AMD Radeon R& 200, Cubase 7.5.2, Cubase 7.06. Cubase 6.5.4 Cubase 6.0.7, Cubase 5.5.2,Cubasis 1.8.1, MOTU micro lite, Casio PX-110 piano, Roland SC-155, Roland JV-880.
Rudie Vissenberg

Re: are the new tablets with Win8 Pro capable of running Cubase

Postby thinkingcap » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:13 pm

The minimum system requirements can be found on the Steinberg site - or do you want someone to look it up for you..?
Cubase 5.1.1 (32bit) | Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 | RME Fireface UFX | RME Fireface 800 | Cubase Essential 5 | Win 7 Home Premium x64
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just took off my thinkingcap, it got filled up with too much crap...
thinkingcap
Grand Senior Member

Re: are the new tablets with Win8 Pro capable of running Cubase

Postby Strophoid » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:58 pm

It all depends on what you're trying to run in your project.
If you have a full Win8 version (not RT!!!) then in theory it should work. However, the internal audio interfaces may not give a very satisfactory experience and I don't think you'll want to carry an external interface with you so don't jump before trying it.
Software: Steinberg Cubase Artist 6.5.5 64-bit.
Hardware: HP elitebook 8530b with W7 Home 64-bit
Mackie Onyx 1620i - Steinberg Midex 8 - Steinberg CC121.
Analog: Alesis M1 - Behringer Powerplay Pro-XL - Studio Projects C3 - AKG K612Pro
Instruments: Yamaha DTX750k - Yamaha MO-6 - Waldorf Blofeld - Korg Wavedrum WDX.
3rd party plugins: Native Instruments Prism - Rob Papen Distort - Rob Papen Delay

My humble contributions to what could be considered music.
Strophoid
Grand Senior Member

Return to Computer / Studio Hardware & Setup