CI1 not working with Skype/Ventrilo

Find topics on computers, studios and music-related hardware.

CI1 not working with Skype/Ventrilo

Postby MrtinL » Wed May 08, 2013 7:11 pm

Im not sure this is the right section to post in but here we go.

I just bought my first studio mic and CI1 soundcard. I installed everything and my PC is running with all the new windows updates aswell. I can hear myself speak when I use the 'Sound record' program that follows with windows but I cant use the mic on Skype or Ventrilo.

I did pick the out- and input in both programs but still it wount record any sound - The funny thing is I can listen to music using the CI1. Somehow it wount work together with Skype or Ventrilo..

Did I do something wrong??
MrtinL

Re: CI1 not working with Skype/Ventrilo

Postby Guest » Fri May 10, 2013 2:52 am

Make sure the mic is in channel one. Many external interfaces don't work well with Skype, because Skype doesn't appear to scan/accept channels other than the first or second.

Re: CI1 not working with Skype/Ventrilo

Postby Bane » Sat May 11, 2013 3:45 pm

Confirm you setup the device correctly on both your system's Control Panel and also any of Skype's audio options. Always double check that your Input/DAW knob favors DAW.
Asus R500A-RS52, Windows 8, 2.6gHz i5 -3230M, 6GB RAM,

Cubase Artist 7.0.6, Wavelab Elements 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, The Grand 3, Melodyne Essential, Superior Drummer, EZDrummer and Pop! EZX, Samson CO1, Yamaha P-35, Mackie MR5mk2 monitors, and more....

My tunes on: Soundcloud
Bane

Return to Computer / Studio Hardware & Setup