MR816 CSX connector issue

Find topics on computers, studios and music-related hardware.

MR816 CSX connector issue

Postby Sound6 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:06 pm

Hello

again I need the help of the people in the know

I have just got me self a MR816 CSX and the connector on the back to the is a IEEE 1394 Jack and I done have this type of input on my laptop,

so what I would like to know is if could I get a USB Adapter so I can take the input in to my USB please help
Sound6

Re: MR816 CSX connector issue

Postby Strophoid » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:08 pm

I don't think Firewire to USB exists, and if it does I'm sure it'll introduce some extra latency at least, or incompatibility problems at worst.
In other words, don't buy a Firewire interface if you don't have a firewire port :p.
You may have a small 4-pin firewire input on your laptop though, for which there are adapters which work fine.
If your laptop has a PCMIA slot, you can get a firewire card for that. Make sure it has a Texas Instruments firewire chip.
Software: Steinberg Cubase Artist 6.5.5 64-bit.
Hardware: HP elitebook 8530b with W7 Home 64-bit
Mackie Onyx 1620i - Steinberg Midex 8 - Steinberg CC121.
Analog: Alesis M1 - Behringer Powerplay Pro-XL - Studio Projects C3 - AKG K612Pro
Instruments: Yamaha DTX750k - Yamaha MO-6 - Waldorf Blofeld - Korg Wavedrum WDX.
3rd party plugins: Native Instruments Prism - Rob Papen Distort - Rob Papen Delay

My humble contributions to what could be considered music.
Strophoid
Grand Senior Member

Re: MR816 CSX connector issue

Postby Sound6 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:05 pm

Strophoid wrote:I don't think Firewire to USB exists, and if it does I'm sure it'll introduce some extra latency at least, or incompatibility problems at worst.
In other words, don't buy a Firewire interface if you don't have a firewire port :p.
You may have a small 4-pin firewire input on your laptop though, for which there are adapters which work fine.
If your laptop has a PCMIA slot, you can get a firewire card for that. Make sure it has a Texas Instruments firewire chip.

Hello

will get my self a Firewire card thanks for the help feel like I know nothing, used to use a G4 with Logic 6 and got my self cubase 7 and PC, cubase really looks good but have to get my MR816 CSX working, and get recording and mixing

thanks again
Sound6

Return to Computer / Studio Hardware & Setup