Possible to have Cubase transmit audio over Remote Desktop?

From the reading I have done, ASIO will not transmit over remote desktop. Non-ASIO audio transmits fine by using the Microsoft RDP Audio driver when remote audio settings are set to “Play on this Computer” on the Resource Tab on the Remote Desktop Connection window.

Does anyone know of a way of getting an ASIO interface, in my case a Fireface 400, to send the audio from Cubase, in my case, Cubase 5, over an RDP connection? I have experimented with trying several different things without success.

What I am trying to achieve here is to be able to remote desktop into my production PC, fire up Cubase, and work on a track while I’m away from home.

Thanks in advance!

This is not possible because, by definition, you’re connecting over a network. The RDP audio driver is also useless (8k) even on a fast LAN. For the same reason “XP Mode” in Windows 7 is a waste of time for audio … it’s basically Virtual PC with a local RDP connection.

Buy a laptop, install Cubase locally to it and then just transfer the files thru VPN, if you are remote…