Cubase 6.5 / Cubase Artist 6.5 update available

Dear Cubase users,

We are happy to announce the immediate availability of the Cubase 6.5 / Cubase Artist 6.5 Update!

Here is quick rundown of 6.5 top features

New synths on the block

Phat, phresh and phunky
Ideal for creating fat and funky lead and bass sounds, Retrologue offers those old-school analog synth sounds and biting sonic blocks. Grab your keyboard and start creating memorable hooks with its two multi-oscillators featuring up to eight detunable voices each, plus an earth-shattering sub- and noise-oscillator.

Out-of-this-world atmospheres
Straight from the Steinberg sound lab, Padshop boasts granular synthesis at its finest to create fantastic-sounding spheres and dramatically moving textures which evolve over time. Fasten your safety strap, tweak the knobs and get ready to expand your universe.

Supersonic sidekicks

Filling the floors
DJ-EQ is an easy-to-use three-band equalizer with the typical kill switches you find on professional DJ mixers. It was specially made to recreate the atmosphere of a live floor performance right in your studio.

Create your own blend
Filtering is an art all its own and we just cultivated it: the new MorphFilter effect brings the superior filter types of Steinberg’s HALion 4 sound creation system to Cubase. MorphFilter allows you to blend between the classic low, high and band-pass filters heard on countless records.

More insane tones for your guitar
The VST Amp Rack guitar tone suite now features a maximizer and limiter as new stomp box effects, as well as level meters and brand-new classic and signature presets crafted by world-class guitarists from bands the likes of Meshuggah, Emperor, and Accept.

One step closer to perfection

Comp as you are
Cubase’s already impressive lane comping system just got better! Tailored closely to the requests of our professional users, we optimized the comping workflow by introducing a dedicated Comp tool. Handy click-and-drag features give you the results you want in a more intuitive and faster way.

Warp this way
Cubase 6.5 fuses the hitpoint and AudioWarp system and embeds warp quantizing directly into the dedicated quantize panel. By creating warp markers straight from hitpoints, single audio loops or the entire arrangement can be non-destructively quantized with a single mouse click. Lock those grooves together!

Intercommunication 2.0

Export your mixes directly to SoundCloud, save up to 60% disk space while recording with the new FLAC support and connect ReWire client applications to Cubase in a pure 64-bit environment.

Connect to the cloud
Upload sounds and mixes directly from Cubase to your SoundCloud account, and share your original music with your social networks. Collaborate and distribute within the cloud and bask in the spotlight!

Size does matter
Cubase 6.5 now integrates the lossless FLAC audio compression codec throughout the application. Import and export FLAC files in a breeze and save up to 60% disk space when recording audio tracks in real time using the FLAC format!

ReWire 64-bit support
Cubase 6.5 now connects your favorite ReWire client applications in a pure 64-bit environment under Windows and Mac OS X!

Ni hao ma?
Cubase 6.5 is the first Cubase version ever to provide the entire user interface in simplified Chinese. We welcome our Chinese-speaking friends around the world!

Get the whole picture and see the new features in action:
http://www.steinberg.net/cubase65

Cubase 6.5 and Cubase Artist 6.5 are now exclusively available via the Steinberg Online Shop as downloadable updates from Cubase 6 and Cubase Artist 6 for EUR 49.99 (Prices in your country will vary depending on local VAT and currency).

Customers who have activated Cubase 6 and Cubase Artist 6 since January 1, 2012, are eligible for a free Grace Period update to the 6.5 version.

Thanks for choosing Cubase!

Helge Vogt
Product Marketing Manager Cubase
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH

Nothing but corrupted downloads so far

Hippo

Hi Helge,

Will Padshop also be a part of the Nuendo update that will come in April? Or should Nuendo users just buy it if we want it?

If we would buy it now and it will be included in the Nuendo upgrade, do we get a discount when that upgrade comes out?

I can not add the “NEW Update from Cubase 6” product to my shopping cart.
After I click on “ADD TO CART”, the “Your shopping cart is emtpy” message appears.

??

same here, I cannot purchase.

Also can’t add Cubase 6 → 6.5 to cart. “cart is empty” both in Chrome and IE.

+1
Downloaded okay but while unpacking it (de-compressing on harddisk) I get a lot of CRC errors and the process eventually stops.

ditto … what’s up ? can you fix this please ?

PS Firefox 10.0.2

Is there any bug fix list on 6.5?

I’m guessing they temporarily took the store down because the initial download was corrupt.

Yes, we need to wait for new links…

Please see here for a solution if you purchased the 6.5 Update in the Online shop and have Installer issues:

Best regards,
Helge

Both MAC and PC versions are corrupt for me too.

Thank you, I am downloading it now.
In the meanwhile - is there a list of bug-fixes for v6.5?

really, for 50 Euros you’re having this trauma? Why not go back to C5 and be done with it?

… but reading the manual it doesen´t look like it´s there yet. Just a little bit less stupid.

The comp tool still assumes all takes are of similar material and affects all events on all lanes similtaneously.
That´s cool in some recording scenarios. But it makes creative comping a serious PITA

It’s another problem:
I ordered the update from Cubase 6, and the windows version download is OK, but the download link for the Mac OSX version is Cubase Artist 6.5 .

Cubase 6.5 Update from Cubase 6
*** Eligible for a free Grace Period update? http://www.steinberg.net/graceperiod
Cubase_6.5_Cubase_Artist_6.5_Update_MAC.dmg

https://shop.steinberg.net/...Cubase_6.5_Cubase_Artist_6.5_Update_MAC.dmg

Don’t worry about that. The installer is the same, it is the license that makes the difference.

Regards
Luis

No haven´t tried it. just read it in the manual.

And I agree with the rest of your post… Not putting anymore money into steinberg if they can´t fix something that simple. Of if they simply don´t understand why its broken.
V5 does the job for now…

How do i upgrade the license if my computer isn’t hooked up to the net? I enter the code and it wants to go online.