Cubase 6.5 / Artist 6.5 / PadShop Installer solution

Hi Helge - no, sorry. Both times the file fully d/loaded ok (758,243 Kb). From the ftp site, or just now from AskNET. Then, the unpacking/extraction got to the end of its process and then the (Windows) message ‘Setup has stopped working’. I hit the ‘view details’ button and it says Setup.exe has crashed.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Setup.exe
Application Version: 2.0.1.0
Application Timestamp: 4f31103a
Fault Module Name: KERNEL32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18005
Fault Module Timestamp: 49e037dd
Exception Code: e0434f4d
Exception Offset: 0003fbae
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Thanks in anticipation of any more clues you may have… :frowning:

Is is safe to download from the link provided at time of purchase (about 2 minutes ago 11:50 am EST) or is the ftp link still recommended for Mac OXS?

Best regards,

Wally
Edited Message
It is safe!!!

I downloaded the Mac OSX installer from the link provided at time of purchase. No problems opening the installer and no problems with VST Performance etc so far :mrgreen:

i5 MacBook Pro 8GB RAM OSX 10.7.3

:arrow_right: More to follow this evening.

Hi Puma,
please try running the Installer as an Administrator by right-clicking and selecting “Run as Administrator”. Does it help?

Cheers,
Helge

Trying now…!

EDIT:- no, still crashes at end of extraction/unpacking…! Do you have a Vista box with C6.0.5 around anywhere perhaps, you could try this on…? Also, I have a thread open, for others to post their results on Vista32 in the main forum. I know its not supported, but C6.0.5 is perfectly fine…

Ok, we can have a look at it tomorrow. We really need a break for today.

Cheers,
Helge

Of course…! Thanks for your time so far Helge.

Mac version can’t be installed, the update does not find a valid Cubase 6 installation.

I have already installed the latest elc driver! OS X 10.6.8

unifaun,

From where did you install the update? From the Shop or the ftp site?

I ended up downloading both, but the one from the Shop finished first so that the one I installed.

I did have to enter the activation code in the ELC. Did you go through that step?

zero problem updating from 6.0.5 to 6.5 in Mac OSX 10.6.8

I download the installer from this link:
ftp://downloadreplacement:sorryforinconvenience @ ftp.steinberg.net and also from the shop
Always the same error message:
set-up has stopped working "
I uninstalled Cubase 6 and I installed it again, then the 6.05 update and everything went well.
I tried installing the Upd 6.5, again error message “set up has stopped working”.
Unable to install the update cubase6.5
Win7 64 bit

I had a viruschecker prevent a rare file or 2 from completing.
May be worth stopping it for the 1 download.

Ah…! Someone else who has this same issue; though as you’ve seen I’m on Vista32…

I have to get to work now; wont be back til tea-time/early eve. I hope Helge and SB colleagues can find some things to try and resolve the matter for us Michel…

Bob

PS :- @Savadious, thanks for your input. Though I don’t think this can be the cause. I’ve reported the actual file size I’ve got when fully downloaded and there is no dispute from SB at this point.

I downloaded the new installer from the ftp and tried to install it again but it still doesn’t work.
What is ‘error code 1603’?? Someone plz tell me how can i fix it…
I’m using win7 64bit

@Puma & @Rocksteady
Are you guys still having problems with the installer?
Have you checked the new download link from Asknet? :slight_smile:

Hi,

when exactly do you get stuck? Is it already while the installer is decompressing the files or during the actual installation?
If it is already during decompression please download the update again from your shop account. You can also still try the alternative download:
ftp://downloadreplacement:sorryforinconvenience@ftp.steinberg.net

If it is during the installation please try the tool mentioned in this knowledgebase article:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/fixing-update-installation-issues-on-windows.html

Thanks!
Best,
Sebastian

You can test installer with WinRar. It is a package. Thus you can be sure, that it downloaded properly.

I ran the 64 bit installer on Win7/64 and it went moderately smoothly. Something about the elicencers being on another computer, but ignored it and it all proceeded OK. The whole thing took about 10 minutes.

Hooray! I qualify for the grace period… will give this a go when I get home :slight_smile:Thanks!

:smiley: I thank the hotline Steinberg France for their help and especially Fred.
I was able with his help solve the problem.

1. I uninstalled version 6.05 cubase 64bits
  2. I could then install the Cubase 6.5 64-bits
    Do not look for virtual intruments must install it separately in the folder VST Sound
  3. You need to install virtual instruments found in a folder VST sound.