Cubase 6.5 / Artist 6.5 / PadShop Installer solution

Hooray! I qualify for the grace period… will give this a go when I get home :slight_smile:Thanks!

:smiley: I thank the hotline Steinberg France for their help and especially Fred.
I was able with his help solve the problem.

1. I uninstalled version 6.05 cubase 64bits
  2. I could then install the Cubase 6.5 64-bits
    Do not look for virtual intruments must install it separately in the folder VST Sound
  3. You need to install virtual instruments found in a folder VST sound.

Thanks for posting Michel…!

I think I am going to try this - uninstalling 6.0.5 first, then attempting the 6.5 install. (I am EXACTLY the same as you, as the installation STOPS WORKING at the end of extraction/unpacking and beginning of Setup.exe I presume.

Anyhow, could you explain again about your point 2 and 3 please Michel…? Do I need to run a Setup again to choose where to install the virtual instruments, or does this happen whilst the (same) setup/install is happening…? I’m left a little confused why you felt you needed to mention it and whether I am missing something (maybe its in the translation…! huh…? :smiley: ).?

I will look for another folder somewhere called VST Sound and in it I will see the virtual instruments - I install them from there, but to where…? Will the install help me…? You see how confused I can get…!! Ha…! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your time though - and your english is a whole lot better than my french…!! Bravo…!

Oh dear… well, that didn’t work. :frowning:

I will try the Microsoft ‘FixIt’ tool thing now, as Sebastian suggested.

EDIT:- Like you Michel, the MS tool did not find any ‘faults’ so could not repair anything. So, now I have no C6 and no C6.5 Hmmm…

m getting help from google for the translation.
Which may explain the inconsistencies.
The most important thing is to install Cubase 6.5.
For this, I had to uninstall my previous Cubase V6.05 64 Bit.
Then I could execute the installation of Cubase V6.5. who succeeds.
When Cubase V6.5 is installed it will execute the installation of virtual instruments.
This installation will be from the unzipped folder by the installer.
VST Sound folder.
Remarks:
The 64-bit version refused to install.
Against by the 32-bit install without problem.
Try installing the 32 bit version.
Someone removed his dongle I read that on the forum.
Vista 32-bit compatible?
I hope you go and find a solution.

Thank you - and this is what I am wondering…? As i say, I removed my v6.0.5 and tried the install of v6.5 - it still fails at the same point. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :cry: :cry:

And I have tried with and without the dongle in place (re-booting in between). No luck.

EDIT:- rather than bump this post, I’ll just edit here to say that I am finally up and running with C6.5 - the system wide update I performed via Windows Update (.NET Framework, Vista32 updates patches, graphics, security, etc, etc…) had all been neglected since I bought the machine. I did install SP2 mind a few years back, but that’s been about the extent of my ‘maintenance’… :wink:

So, lesson learned :wink:

hello, new to the forum, i’m italian, sorry in advance to my little english

problem is: no grace period for me. why? i bought full license of cubase 6 on 28 january 2012, from steinberg shop.
(active and work perfectly.) on my elcc nothing new, i made all maintenance operation, and update the software of elcc lycenser… restart … and say:

Currently there is no grace period update available for the eLicenser with the number xxxx(my key number)xxxx

so i wrote with the form, asking to activate me.

in italian indipendent forum, we like and discuss this update, and i’m waiting to try.

note: my last license is activated from 28/1/2012 as upgrade from 6 artist to 6 full , on special offer of steinberg shop. remember?

started with 6 elements, then up to 6 artist and now in january 2012 to full…

thank support me, regards

Francesco, Frankvenice from VENEZIA, ITALY

I have tried several times to install the 6.5 update, as I am eligible through the grace period…it downloads, I go through all the steps, BUT at the final step when I click “Install”, nothing happens…so I believe there still exists a problem with the installer (attempts made up to 7pm EDT Toronto, Can.)…btw, this is on a MAC…could you please supply an updated link for the “uncorrupted download”…thanks, greg

just bought version 6.5 update
tried to install update from cubase 6
it did install everything else but not the cubase update itself which i really wanted.

it says errorcode 1603 cubase update failed
then rollingback action and shows the results panel everything installed but Cubase 6 task failed.

what now?

Hi CB 6 to 6.5 update on Mac OS 10.7 .3 Lion.

All went fine here ( in USA ) … installed fine. Launched fine… authenticated fine.

Playing now … the comping is worth the price!

Lee

Hi Francesco,
there is no GP for the Upgrade from Artist to Full. The Upgrade from Cubase Artist to Cubase cost 199.- and can be purchased either from Cubase Artist 6 to Cubase 6 or from Cubase Artist 6.5 to Cubase 6.5. Else all Artist 6 to Artist 6.5 Updaters would experience a disadvantage of 50.- when they decide to upgrade to Cubase 6.5 later on.

Best Regards,
Helge

Hello Steinberg-Team,

same here!
Any solutions or hint’s for this problem?

Best regards
Lokanathan

very sorry but i’m not agree. i’ m afraid you didn’t understand me!
NOW i have cubase 6 full . date of activation is 28 /1 /2012.
that activation was un update from artist to full. i’d payed for that.
now you are telling me that i’m not be able to obtain GP? why?

Francesco, frankvenice.

Cubase 6 (Full Version): €600
Cubase Artist 6: €300 +
Upgrade CA6 to C6: €250
Total: € 550

That’s why the Upgrade from CA6 to C6 isn’t entitled to a free C6.5 license.

Regards
Luis

I’m having this issue too.

I’ve updated e-Licenser, added my activation code and re-tried.
Got the same error.

I’ll wait for a solution!

…good news is I can run all the NEW synths on the old version of Cubase!

I am assuming there is still a problem with the Windows installer. I got the link from Asknet, but the download failed and now the link has disappeared from my account.

I got the link from Asknet, but the download failed and now the link has disappeared from my account.
same problem for me.

I am the same as the above two.
Bought the update, selected the PC download from the shop, it lost connection to the server, used my link from email to get back to the download page in the shop and now I am only being offered the Mac download. I got in contact with support who replied with the link in the shop should work (still only Mac offered) or try the ftp.
So tried the FTP, doesnt like the password on two browsers so had to log in annon, to find there is no download for cubase 6.5.

well, now i understand. business is business…
it’s better you write “grace period, if you had bought the full version, not the upgrade from artist or other, after 1/1/2012.”
i’m not sure it’s all right, but thanks a lot to reply me.

maybe it’s better to wait 6.0.6, i read in other post it is coming…

best regards, Francesco, Frankvenice

Hi, I just purchased a Cubase 6.0 from a vendor.
I checked the grace period validity and it led me to the Cubase 6.5 download page.
But when I clicked on the Cubase 6.5 pc link, it gave me a 404 error.

Is there another mirror where I can download Cubase 6.5? Thanks.