Midi timing suggestion on recorded VST instruments.

I hear you!

If I were to put a name to what you propose, I’d call it MDRC … Midi Delay Record Compensation. It should be easy to accomplish this with incorporation of the same calculations used in Plugin Delay Compensation as an after you stop recording auto adjustment.

If you are recording against other playing tracks, presumably any midi latency would already be factored in by the compensation you, the player, makes to stay with the beat of the other tracks while monitoring your playing and what your hearing from the program.

I think there also must be an issue here similar to ‘direct monitoring’ as used by a vocalist tracking against a project.

Depending on your sound source, with a hardware module couldn’t you use a midi splitter with one out going into Cubase for recording and the other directly to your module. That way … I think … the alignment would by off no more than the minimal playback latency your system is capable of.

If you also recorded in with record quantization set around 1/64th or 1/28th, shouldn’t your recording pretty much exactly reflect your performance?

Como

PS I love midi!