Midi timing suggestion on recorded VST instruments.

On step input you will find notes reported exactly as Cubase is being given a definitive destination point. Inputting live music in some cases you might find that Cubase will place notes arbitrarily early or late as it cannot read when the input will happen. This is why there is “Priority”, two settings for tighter or looser midi. Why the choice has been limited to two instead of the original four I don’t know.
I would say that, as I play by ear and sometimes Q’ed and sometimes not that I get the problem to some degree but obviously not as bad as the OP. Certainly not enough to stop my show. I expect some timing drifts in pretty much all aspects of recording, analog or digital, but I also expect (and so far it has been) it to be tight enough not to matter in most cases.

As goodbyenine states, it is a tricky problem. I’m not fully convinced either way whether it’s a bug or a design flaw (yes they are different things to the programmer) but also I’m not convinced that any of us, including me, are looking in the right places.

I’m commenting on the SUBJECT at hand and my thinking on it.
I never comment personally on other people like you do. That’s what I consider fight provoking and trolling. Nobody calls anyone else a troll “with all repect”.
Please desist. It’s uncalled for. I don’t want this to degenerate inot a griefmonkey festival.

What I wrote was what I felt at the time and is not a LAW laid down by me. It’s just another viewpoint on the problem in hand. Commenting on others is not a viewpoint that will help the OP.

Though quantisation is stated as not used (a post or two after yours) there may still be a discrepancy there. Quite often dealing with software it’s very easy to see the wrong problem or to actually have more than one problem going on.
If we can nail it here it makes it easier to explain it to Steinberg.
The OP is so far doing a fair job of explaining it so far, I’m attempting to give him some pointers in other areas so he can get some more focus than he already has.