[BUG] Recording Midi at ANY latency on ANY system (sync)

Oh, I thought the purpose of the quantize feature was to mess with your performance and make the music sound as if a mechanoid played it. :wink:

Well, OK, I do sometimes use quantising to improve sloppy playing - but, mainly, what I, for one, want Cubase to do is capture accurately what I play, and not tweak it on the (patronising) assumption that I actually meant to play something else. If my playing wasn’t good enough, I’ll either tweak the MIDI data myself afterwards (with or without the aid of quantising) or re-record to get it better.

I, for one, certainly wouldn’t want everything put through quantising :open_mouth: . And, actually, quantising’s not always feasible anyway, because I often record with the metronome switched off, in order to capture the natural speed variations of live playing. AFAIK, I’m far from alone in doing that.

I don’t think the above quote was meant to suggest that we can’t expect Cubase to make a decent MIDI recording unless it’s quantised on the way in, but having to rely on quantising can’t be the solution to MIDI recording problems, except in some particular cases.