New iPad - Now what?

I’m getting an Ipad2 (used) today also. First ever Apple device of any kind. Look forward to trying some of the suggestions

another great controler for Cubase & Nuendo “qb” from “artsUNMUTED” working with “Lemur” From “Liine” !

lemur : Liine
artsUNMUTED : http://artsunmuted.com/

Real musicians:

This more my speed:

Good example of various instruments by a master

Have you used the artsnmuted?

For controllers, I used TouchOsc originally (- YouTube), but now I use Lemur with my own templates and it is truly awesome. As far as hardware goes, I’ve had a lot of them (irig, Irig midi, ampkit, Griffin guitar connect, Tascam im2, Griffin imic)and I recently bought a Tacam IU2 and love it; 2 mic pres with phantom power, guitar in, spdif out, midi I/O, great monitoring, and you can charge the Ipad from it! Also, it doesn’t require the camera connection kit so it works perfectly on my Iphone as well. It’s built a little flimsily but it sounds great. Stay away from stuff that uses the 1/8" input.

I’m waiting to see what the upgraded Peavey Ampkit Link HD looks like before I get an interface. Supposed to be out this month. Uses the dock connector instead of the 1/8".

Since I don’t have an iPhone I’ll probably go with some USB/DCC rig if the Peavey doesn’t get good reviews. They’ve been promising it for second quarter since it was first demoed back in January. That means this month or I suspect an issue.

Aloha guys,

Here is a kool piece of hardware for the iPad.

{‘-’}

Ahhh!
Metaphysics.

“Have you used the artsnmuted?”

not yet but it seems very complete layout for cubase/nuendo ! you video on the site

Just getting up and running with the IPad A few big steps were needed ,mainly I had to put my daw online for the first time ever Since Im using XP 64x which ITunes doesn’t support ,Ihad to source Bonjour separately

Had my first wow moments using the Cubase app. Even bigger wow moment using the Omnisphere controller ,fantastic app.

Enjoy, my friend, enjoy!

It’s pervading my life. My wife is on a trip with her garden club to San Diego. Elaborate watering instructions for the three day trip. Temps here this weekend are over 110. So I followed her around and shot videos, water this plant on slow drip, show me that drip, these for 15min those for an hour, everyday here these are Saturday, those Sunday. Chronolite free app is great for multiple timers. iA Writer is excellent. Much smarter keyboard, cut and paste to forums. $0.99.

Thanks for tips Surfer, any others that come to mind please let me know.

Anyone using the Omnisphere TR let me know if you’re succesfully recording automation into Cubase.

:laughing:

Lemur from Liine is brilliant ! Can someone help me to program the “fader bank” on mackie control ?
:confused:

Must have app for me is
Band of the day

Get to know a new band every, uh, day.
Makes me feel young and, uh, hip.

“Can someone help me to program the “fader bank” on mackie control ?”
found it ! lemur is such a powerfull controller !

I’m a few weeks with the IPad here an I’m trying to get a few concepts straight can someone explain how this is not a tragically flawed device without a USB port? How would I do the following

I want to load some songs onto the hard drive

I flying next week and want to rip my DVDs to watch

I have a Streamworks Cubase tutorial that I want toput on the drive

how are a these things done? Is it seriously a kludgey work around using custom adaptors ? I could really be missing something basic so please straighten me out

It is a tragically flawed device…

ITunes or or apps like “Phone drive”

Get to know iTunes.
I assume you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your PC? With the iPad connected one transfers files (movies, photos, videos, mp3s, PDFs etc) back and forth through the iTunes interface. Either by “synching” or drag and drop.

On the PC iTunes click on the device. Across the top are the tabs for various things.
In the left hand column click on the device name and you can see folders for movies. Just drag an drop.

A very useful app is called GoodReader. It can read many types of files, including zip files! download from the web, and play back most media.

With iTunes PC select the app tab across the top, scroll down until you see app sharing and there you can also transfer files in and out of the iPad

I was confused and frustrated as hell about simple file handling also until I got used to the iTunes centered approach.

If you right click on the device name you can easily back up the iPad to your PC.

The DCC (Digital Camera Connection) kit is handy for grabbing photos off of your camera and gives you a USB that some audio interfaces can use - only externally powered ones, the iPad isn’t designed to power USB devices.

I use MediaCoder - more than a universal audio/video transcoder - MediaCoder official website to convert movie files. There is an iPad specific version but the free one works fine. You need to convert whatever you ripped to h.264 video, AAC audio, in an mp4 container. Then just drag and dropped it to the movie folder below the iPad device name in the left column of iTunes on your PC. it will show up in the videos app.

Mediacoder can translate anything to anything but can be a challenge to learn. That’s why they sell a stripped down version pre-configured to make iPad compatible movies. Free is better for me.