Ski Remote - IC on Iphone 4 / Windows 7 64bit

Ski Remote - IC on Iphone 4 / Windows 7 64bit

Postby avenger1987 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:10 pm

so, I spent about 10 hours trying to install and get Cubase Ic working with Cubase 5

I have my PC and win 7 connected to router by LAN cable, and Iphone 4 connected thru wi-fi

I reinstalled Bonjour (is 100% working), iTunes, and nothing - cubase see Ski Remote, but Iphone can't see a host (please pick a host all the time)

I turned off windows 7 firewall, i turned off anti-virus - still nothing - please pick a host

I checked my router settings - firewall is off, streaming is on, connections are working well, but still - please pick a host on cubase ic app

for example iTunes is syncing to iphone by wi-fi with no problem - i just sent mp3 to library

any ideas?

EDIT: i launched cubase with pc not connected to the lan and internet - started normally... I read many topics where people said that internet is needed for ski remote to work - so i don't understand this now.

steinberg ski remote is added to devices in cubase all the time
avenger1987

Re: Ski Remote - IC on Iphone 4 / Windows 7 64bit

Postby fko56 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:03 pm

If I-Tunes and cubase is on the same pc: turn off I-Tunes with all hidden services used by I-Tunes (Bojour is a standalone service. You need not to install I-Tunes to use Bonjour).
On my DAW IC workes well. On my Notebook (with I-Tunes) it did not.

In some cases it helps to stop IPV6-services on the pc-lan-adapter.

In some rare cases with some exotic routers:
Maybe your wireless equipment uses other ip-addresses than your wired units and the wireless-lan is masqueraded. So every unit can use the internet but no internal resources.

This happens if your wireless-router is not in bridgemode.

Check your ip-addresses on I-Phone and PC.

They had to be in the same adressrange.
For example: I-Phone 192.168.1.101 and PC 192.168.1.156. Both with networkmask 255.255.255.0

If the PC in this example has 192.168.2.156 the system will not work. If both have the same address it will not work too.

You can check the ip-address on pc if you open a command window an type ipconfig and press Enter.
On the I-Phone you can find the address on the wlan-settings by touch the blue arrow at the connected wlan.
1. Die Wahrscheinlichkeit, dass ein bestimmtes Ereignis eintritt, ist umgekehrt proportional zu seiner Erwünschtheit.
2. Ich brauch alles, schnell und in höchster Qualität - ich bin nämlich kein Profi. Ich bin Amateur.
fko56

Postby thedrumkit » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:06 pm

Hi,

I am running cubase elements 6 64bit trial version on windows 7 64bit, i cant get the ski remote (for iphone remote) to show up in the cubase device list. I have updated itunes and installed latest version of bonjour. i have copied the ski.dll (cant remember exact name) file in various places and now i've ran out of ideas. if anyone has it working with this setup could u give me step by step on how you did it, im probably just not setting it up right somehow, i dunno, would love to get it working tho, gonna buy cubase when the trial runs out btw. at least once its in the list i can begin sorting out the connection issue and maybe get it sorted by the end of next month so i dont have to get up and walk 3 feet from my drumkit to my computer and back. :)

thanks

i cant seem to create new threads either....
thedrumkit

Postby NickJimmins » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:18 am

thedrumkit wrote:Hi,

I am running cubase elements 6 64bit trial version on windows 7 64bit, i cant get the ski remote (for iphone remote) to show up in the cubase device list. I have updated itunes and installed latest version of bonjour. i have copied the ski.dll (cant remember exact name) file in various places and now i've ran out of ideas. if anyone has it working with this setup could u give me step by step on how you did it, im probably just not setting it up right somehow, i dunno, would love to get it working tho, gonna buy cubase when the trial runs out btw. at least once its in the list i can begin sorting out the connection issue and maybe get it sorted by the end of next month so i dont have to get up and walk 3 feet from my drumkit to my computer and back. :)

thanks

i cant seem to create new threads either....

I am having the same issue with my iphone remote not showing up on the cubase device list. Were you able to figure out a workaround for getting this resolved? Do you think it would work better if I switched to VoIP service? I could really benefit from your help if you were able to get this resolved. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
NickJimmins

Return to Cubase iC