Scriptfile Korg TR-Rack

Hi, I’m trying to get Cubase 6 to control my Korg TR-Rack. There is no scriptfile in the list of installable mididevices. I’ve been searching for a scriptfile for the TR on internet. I found a few, but Cubase 6 won’t show it after I put it in the right directories. I put it in C:\progam Files\Steinberg\Cubase 6\Scripts\patchnames\inactive\korg
See the attached file. Everything seems to be ok and similar to the other scriptfiles in the \korg folder.
Does anyone have an idea how to get this to function? Thanks for the help.
Eric Lagerström
korg tr-rack.txt (32.8 KB)

This interests me as well. I can’t answer your question directly, but wonder about the text editor used for making these patches.

I took a working roland XV 5080 patch that included two expansion boards. I opened it in Notepad and tried to add a third expansion board from a script I’d downloaded for that board.

After I added it, C6 no longer recognized my script file when I went to install it from MIDI Devices.

I tried several thing … and it looked exactly like the other expansion board text parts when I examined the script in Notepad … but I never was able to get it to work.

Here is the Cubase Patchmaker program … but it is torture to add those presets one at a time.

http://www.rivetedstudios.com/component/docman/cat_view/34-cubase-files/39-extras.html?Itemid=32

Como

I’ve just been playing with Patchname scripts for my Roland RD700NX. I think you need to put the text file into the following subdirectory (I’m using Windows 7 Pro):-

c:\Users\yourusername e.g. john\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 6\Scripts\Patchnames\inactive\korg

Then, when you run Midi Device Manager and install a new device, it should appear in the list.

Has anyone found a scriptfile to add a TR-rack as a mididevice in Cubase 6.5?
That would be so nice.
Thanks,