Tip: Exporting directly to an application of your choice.

You may well know that Cubase 6 can export a mixdown directly to Wavelab7.
Cubase does this through a postprocess script named “OpenInWaveLab7.aepp”, which is an xml format file with a .aepp extension, located in the "Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\Audio Export Post Process Scripts" folder.

The good thing is that you can make your own postprocessing scripts, using “OpenInWaveLab7.aepp” as a template.
This will allow you to choose from a menu in the “Export Audio Mixdown” dialog what application Cubase should send the finished mixdown to.

The icon to be displayed in the menu (if any) should be a 32x32 pixels .png file placed along your .aepp file. Icons are not necessary, however.

Here’s my “OpenInAudacity.aepp” (I extracted the icon from the audacity.exe file and saved it along the script) :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<AudioExportPostProcess>
	<Description>Open in Audacity</Description>
	<Icon>Audacity.png</Icon>
	<Executable>
		<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\Audacity.exe</Path>
		<Argument>"$PATH"</Argument>
	</Executable>
	<RunOnce>false</RunOnce>
	<WaitDone>false</WaitDone>
</AudioExportPostProcess>

Here’s how my menu looks:
PostProcessMenu.jpg
Regards, Kris.

Nice tip!
Thanks! :sunglasses:

Excelent!

Great tip! :sunglasses:
Cheers.

Scripts could also be stored in "c:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Audio Export Post Process Scripts" instead of the path mentioned above.

Thanks very much krisp!

for Mac users (at least in my OSX snow leopard 10.6.8) the Audio Export Post Process Scripts folder is in /Library/Application Support/Steinberg

Yeah, cool tip! Not sure I’ll use it, but I like this type of DIY :sunglasses:

For Win7 64 systems the right folder is C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Audio Export Post Process Scripts

there are also csome configuration settings possible but there is no documentation about this for as far as i know.

true/false true/false true private true false

Aloha g, and thanks for the Mac info.

Not on SL but I will check that same location in Mountain Lion.
Should be close.

And a major Mahalo to Kris.
{‘-’}

sweet!

Wow this is a proper pro-tip! I often export files for editing in cool edit or izotope rx so this will definitely save me some precious seconds. Thankyou very much for sharing :slight_smile:

Hey kris,

How bout’ posting this in the
‘Feature Requests and Suggestions’ forum?

IMHO
This would be a nice ‘built-in’ feature in a
future version of Cubase.

Just a thought.
{‘-’}