Rename CC's

It would be great to be able to rename CC’s in Note Expression (and Cubase in general) so as to indicate what parameter they control.
I use many CC xx (Control xx) controllers so being able to name them would help a lot.
When you have a list like the e.g. below it’s difficult to remember what’s what.

CC 54 (Control 54)
CC 55 (Control 55)
CC 56 (Control 56)
CC 57 (Control 57)
CC 58 (Control 58)
CC 59 (Control 59)
CC 60 (Control 60)
:confused:

5 Likes

YES! +1

1 Like

Since many years i wish to be able to…
+1

+1

Or just put a label next to the controller, but this is important…

One easy thing to do would be to at least get names from quick controls (if they’re bound to a cc) and display them in the automation lanes

1 Like

+1 Yes, please!

+1

+1

+1 yes

+1

Yes, it’s very awaited!
And midi devices are quite complex, but doesn’t cover all needs - for example you can’t automate some parameter from panel, you still need use cc for this

Yes please. It would be so nice to rename CC’s. I am right now using external hardware for the first time and remembering what different CC is a pain. Luckily I have cheat sheet in PDF but still it would make workflow more easy.

+1!!!

+1!!!

+1!!!

+1!!!

+1!!!

+1! Please?!

It looks like lots of people are saying “yes, +1” but they are not clicking the blue “VOTE” button at the top left of the screen. This is the official way of alerting Steinberg that you are interested in the requested feature.

1 Like