Portico Bundle (Worth buying for $799 ?)

I’m almost through with the demo. They are top notch, no doubt. What I noticed, overall, is that you’re more likely to do good than harm with them. And for an beginner/intermediate engineer, that is pretty huge. But because of the price, and general level of interest, I will continue to demo others and see if I can get comparable results elsewhere. I could imagine buying the eq if it nags me enough to do so after it’s gone. It’s definitely the first software eq that i’ve used that boosts frequencies without any side effects (moreso in the high-mid and high range). Who cares that it’s emulating hardware. Does that really have to limit them from applying some additional functions like hi and low pass filters, or the option to make the hi and low bands parametric. But that’s not a deal breaker.

The compressor is definitely one of the best I’ve used, but I don’t have a “must have this” feeling. Also, I don’t like the controls and am surprised that I haven’t read mention of that. They are very slow to move through each knob’s range. And I really don’t like that it activates with a 4db boost.

If they were $400 for the pair I would’ve bought them after first hour of use. I can’t imagine that I’m the only one. I would have to think that they would sell many more licenses if that was the case.

To the folks that say, “They’re not (that) expensive”:
It’s like poker. You can only be a pro if you can play the same game with $200 or $20,000 on the table. If I bought these two plugins for the asking price I would not be able to use them without thinking about what I spent on them. Or, I would likely end up using them in instances when it wasn’t necessary. Second of all, you’re crazy.
Two plugins should not cost more than the DAW? Seems ridiculous

Either way, I’m holding out.