Nuendo 5.5 Update Q2?

Timo,

Thanks for your reply but this is half of answer. Bredo asked two simple questions.

Second was:

When are Nuendo 6 scheduled?

Thank you for additional answer.

Regards

Tomas Bilek

Looks like there´s no fix of the AAF in Nuendo 5.5.4.
Not good if you work in Post Production.
Not good at all.

That would suck. I mean, I use Nuendo because I work in Post Production. But how do you know? Is it out yet?

http://www.steinberg.net/en/newsandevents/news/newsdetail/archive/2012/08/01/article/nuendo-554-update-released-2044.html

Aha, thanks. I’ve been watching the “Announcements” section on this forum to see if there was an update. I see what you mean now. Looks like an update to accomodate Nuendo Live. Oh well, who needs to import an AAF nowadays anyway?

That’s a joke, right?

Ollie

This update is a complete joke.

…we are currently working on some AAF Fixes, which slightly delay the current maintenance.
Still we hope to be able to provide the next update before Christmas.

This was in December 2011.

Ollie

I was hoping to finally upgrade my Nuendo 3 to 5.5, but without proper AAF support I see no reason to do so at this point (since I already have Cubase 6.5 for all the “music” production needs). I wonder who is really the target customer base for Nuendo? Why the AAF support has been neglected for so long?

Well, AAF kind of works pre 5.5 so you can still upgrade to 5.1.
Success seems to depend on the version of AVID you are using.

Wow…

if this update is a joke, and it sure seems that it is, who is the joke on?
Steinberg or Nuendo Users?

Wait, are you guys saying AAF functionality got worse after 5.1?

At least if you want to import from media composer 5.x the answer is unfortunately yes.

Whenever I get an AAF I fire up 5.1 and import it. After saving it I load 5.5 and open the project. This works most of the time. If all fails I have copies of PT 9 and Pro Convert.

I must admit that’s pretty ridiculous for a DAW made for Post. One would assume AAF import would be top priority and would be fixed in a matter of days or weeks, at the most…

That is exactly my workflow. (don’t have pro convert, though)
It’s extremely annoying if you work on a project that comes in many seperate clips.

Ollie

Let’s hope for an AAF fix soon. Steinberg can’t just ignore the fact that a functioning AAF import is of paramount importance. Without it we’re dead in the water and we’ll have to turn elsewhere. They’re lucky Reaper doesn’t do OMF or AAF import, for now…

So what happens if you try the later versions?

I’ve had all sorts of strange stuff going on:
Just one track with one file of audio or takes out of sync. But to be quite honest it’s almost to long ago for my brain to remember correctly which errors occured. AAF has been buggy for a year now.
I cannot believe they don’t fix this with highest priority.

Ollie

not a good idea shortly before the N6 release… imho

Define “shortly”… :unamused: