HSO status

Summer NAMM 2012 starts on July 12th !

Any hope Steinberg will announce HSO-2 at Summer NAMM 2012 ?

We shall know pretty soon.

It’s already available with VST3 and VST Expression in the form of the HSSE version … the only difference is that the samples are 16-bit and not 24-bit. I really think you’re lusting after something that will bring very little practical benefit. If there’s an updated version that offers new and improved content, well then, maybe …

I know it currently has VST3 and VST Expression support, but I’m referring to NEW and considerably improved content.

More articulations, and newer, better recorded samples, …etc. in HSO-2

Hi,

I wonder if Steinberg is currently working on developing HSO-2 ?

So far all we can do is wait.

Not too sure Steinberg want to compete in the market for top-end orchestral sample content; after all, there are plenty of players in that area at the moment and to be honest, HSO as it is has plenty of character and the quality is very good … I don’t know if a viola gets any better if it gets sampled more often? Sure, depending on the task, there are other libraries out there that might be better, but I’m not sure whether there’s any great benefit to be gained by reworking HSO. BTW, have you tried rendering some HSO solo lines to audio, and then playing around with them in VariAudio? :sunglasses:

Hi MrSoundman,

I did not purchase HSO, and did not try any demo version, but would love to see HSO-2 released by Steinberg. (Newer, better source material, and more content). I think something like HSO-2 can compete with some of todays orchestral libraries, if done right.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

I wonder if we will see HSO-2 this year ?

We are closing in on 2013, and so far no HSO-2 :cry:

I wonder if we will see it soon ? or … never ?

It’s still fairly safe to bounce midi from a current project, import the midi into a new project, route it to HSO, bounce the audio back into “current” project. It’s safer to do it one or two channels at a time. Whenever you need to adjust lines, adjust the midi, throw it back into that HSO project and rebounce when needed.

Feels pretty safe, and I can still get all the sweet HSO goodness without forcing it to work bridge too much. Funny, the instruments need to be “dirtied” back down, they are that pristine.

At least it’s ok while I’m still on C5 on OS 10.68.

Hi,

It would be nice to hear from Steinberg if we will see HSO-2 released in 2013 ?

(I hope the answer is … YES) :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Would love to see HSO*2 announced during Winter NAMM 2013 !

Will it happen ? We will soon know, since WInter NAMM 2013 begins on Jan. 21st.

I’m also hoping to see some new updates, and possibly new VST instruments, and maybe some NEW Sample Libraries for Halion 4.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

I couldn’t help but stop by to again state a desire to see a new updated version of HSO, or at least, as already mentioned… new HSO sample libraries for H4.

Yes, better and maybe hipper content and articulations, and hopefully, a more user friendly GUI.
IMO, it’ almost as dated as Miroslav Orchestra.

I wonder if Steinberg will delight us with HSO2 during the upcoming Musicmesse Show (April 10 - 13 /2013) ?

Some new Halion 4 based libraries would be nice as well.

So… Unfortunately Steinberg has not announced HSO2 during Musikmesse 2013.

I wonder if they are working on this, or they have stopped developing HSO. (that would be sad), since there is a lot of potential for HSO2 to be a very popular product. Provided Steinberg does it right.

Oh well, I guess the wait, and mystery continues.

Any feedback on this from Steinberg would be nice to hear.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Any news/update if we will ever see HSO2 ?

It’s been a long, long wait. Should I wait longer, or forget about Steinberg delivering HSO2 . Did they decide to scrap HSO development, …i.e. We will never see HSO2 ?

Any feedback from Steinberg on this would be very appreciated.

Thank You,
Muziksculp

would you still recommend the Hso even thou you’ll never no if there was going to be an update ?

Well… I personally don’t have HSO, and am not sure it is offered as a product at this time. But I would surely not bother with HSO even if it was available.

I feel Steinberg needs to upgrade HSO to HSO2, that will offer all 24-bit samples, more content, instruments, articulations, dynamics, higher sound quality, and a healthy amount of new performance features.

Will Steinberg deliver HSO2 (soon) ? That’s the big mystery, they have not provided any feedback so far. Which I feel is not a very good sign. I sure hope they do offer HSO2 soon. or provide some feedback on this topic.

Bottom line… I don’t recommend you spend your money on HSO, but rather wait for HSO2. or go with other 3rd part orchestral libraries if waiting is not an option.

Just my humble opinion.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Agree, it is very hard to recommend HSO.
It does not have the support it needs. There are other libraries that I am looking into, taking in a sound compromise over support and longevity of use. As it is, it is a huge “diss”. Blatant at that.

Hi,

Any chance we will see Halion Symphonic Orchestra 2 released in the near future ?

Now that Halion 5 and HS2 are here, it would be great to see HSO2 released

Come on Steinberg/YAMAHA … Give us HSO2 !

Thanks,
Muziksculp