Please, please, please update the CC121 driver

I think it’s pretty obvious that, with the new controllers out, the 121 is forgotten about. Nonetheless, I love mine and prefer it over the new controllers.

If the CC121 has been forgotten about, that is a real shame. I’ve had mine for about 2 months and now am completely dependent on it. Its sped up both my tracking and my mixing. I think a reverse feature for the button LEDs would be great, i.e. that they would be lit until in use. With the new controllers, I doubt they will come out with a new hardware version, but an updated driver, with the suggestions in this forum topic, would be great. Next purchase for me is the MR816 CSX.

It has not been forgotten about. Just because some owns a device and something is thought of as odd, strange or unbelivable, does not warrant that device to be immediately in the spotlight.

If one pays attention to the releases of Steinberg software (which, after using Steinberg stuff for almost 30 years, is hard not to :slight_smile: it’s evident that the software teams are relatively small and that products are mostly being worked on in turn. Anything CC121 deemed (by Steinberg/Yamaha) necessary to be worked on, certainly will be and eventually released.

Oh BTW, in my opinion the CC121 is a very unique, one-of-its-kind sort of a device, that makes life so much easier and the desk less cluttered. I even think it’s making me permanently ambidextrous… :slight_smile: Outstanding left hand device!!!

I love my CC121 and I wish more resources could be dedicated to it. But realistically, with the new controllers out, Steinberg has decided to go the modular route instead of an “all in one” unit. For this reason, I do think the 121 has been left behind. Having said that, let’s not forget that Steiny brought the Midex units back to life by writing new drivers last year. Nice surprise for those owners.

I think its a disgrace that the G & Q are upside down - it must be such an easy fix in software to make this happen the other way up - ive posted on this before but to no avail; I come back here from time to time to check on any progress. there never is any. Hand to Eye co ordination is so important - ive said it before - if the 121 was on a flight deck the plane would be upside down in a field someplace!! it would be like having the artificial horizon upside down and the stick back to front! its a real shame cos it is a good and reliable machine but i too cannot use the eq cos it drives me mad… i mean why not have the frequency decrease when you turn the knob clockwise too - that would just be the icing on the crappy programming cake! come on steinberg! HOW MANY PROGRAMMING HOURS WOULD THIS TAKE ??? I RECKON ABOUT 10 FLIPPIN MINUTES. PATHETIC. And worse TOTALLY IGNORANT :imp: :open_mouth: :cry:

I am with you, Bredo!

Bredo, i mixed on many big consoles - actually i never mix digitally. i personally have no preferrence if steinberg swaps the Q and G in cubase/nuendo or on the cc121. after all this time it just should be done. i am just very disappointed because the cc121 could be such a work horse. but i am hardy touching the eq knobs. i am simply not used to have hardly any driver updates. the maker of my soundcard is totally different there: personal feedback in emails, reported bugs fixed within the next release, questions answered via email even on sundays. thats what i call support.

Steinberg. Seriously. Dedicate some resources to this thing. It really could and ought to be more customizable. The acceleration issue, in particular, is what keeps me from using it more. It just doesn’t feel right, no matter what I try. EQing things should feel natural and predictable. This doesn’t. Please add some new, selectable acceleration curves. This would make all the difference in the world to me, and I think many others!

Oh, and please do allow an option to switch the knob functions, as outlined above. That’d really help!

Thanks,

DrW

+1 on the acceleration, it’s really off right now and I doubt it’s all that hard to adjust???

+1
I wonder if there ever will be a useful update for this device?
Please make it happen SB…

+1

I expect Steinberg now regards this (IMHO) under-exploited device as obsolescent.

I don’t think we’ll see any further development.

Please add some new, selectable acceleration curves. This would make all the difference in the world to me, and I think many others!

yeah i was looking for this issue around web because it’s totally impossible to work with EQ in my opinion.
i use all buttons on cc121 except all the eq section i’m way faster with mouse because of this “acceleration” thing :unamused:

if you guys are concerned by this … or want to support please join this group :
http://www.facebook.com/groups/419197208126264/

thx for joining the facebook page guys but please leave also some comments here so the post goes UP :slight_smile: and we get more people.

Little bump on EQ acceleration tweak :slight_smile:

ok … problem solved. i mean problem sold ! i go ipad now forget the cc121 it’s useless.

Not really. It’s got some quirks but it’s far from useless.

hello? any news on this?

The last version with changes in functionality was 1.6 and that was released at the end of 2010 IIRC. So I wouldn’t hold my breath.