cmc qc midi activity spiking

Hi,

We are currently investigating this issue.
I just want to briefly explain this functionality that apparently some of you find disturbing:

This feature is similar to the MIDI spec “ACTIVE SENSE” with some extensions. It’s a functionality that enables the CMCs to detect a sudden interruption of data communication and as a result (for example) turns off all lights. This helps users to recognize that their CMC is no longer controlling Cubase when the connection has for what reasons ever been interrupted.
From the software side Cubase provides visual feedback that the connection to the CMC is constantly OK. This is what the MIDI meter is showing all the time.

It’s a functionality which has been around for nearly 25 years and that we find is a necessity.
But of course we fully understand that some of you might find the constant blinking of the MIDI meter in Cubase somehow irritating.
We are aware of this topic and we will take a deeper look into that behaviour since there are several other topics related to this that we need to take under consideration as well.

Regarding sysex dumping there shouldn’t be a problem with CMC and Cubase. The visual feedback implies that there are other MIDI data that might affect the sysex data recording if the routings are not set appropriately.

I hope I could give you some more insight and we will keep you up to date.

Cheers,