Hope Springs Eternal (Vols 1 and 2) - NOW WITH SALES FIGURES

I just created a Facebook fan page for the group called Sound of Humanity. Believe it or not that was not taken already. See the first post in this thread for more information.

You mean raise money? I’ve posted a number of crappy tracks you could use, although none of them are technically “songs” in that there’s no singing. Running on generator power right now myself. Typically I have to pay people to listen to them… but I already made a donation to the Red Cross.

Do you imply that Phil Donald and Lenny Lee are still around? Neither has posted in ages! Miss them actually.

Yeah, this will be to raise money to be donated on behalf of all of the collaborators.

Since you seem unsure about the quality of the tracks from which you’d be willing to donate one, can you link to them here? I’ll have a listen and let you know my own thoughts if you’ll have them. I know that there are a lot of talented but also humble people here so your self-critique may just be humility speaking.

Instrumentals are most definitely welcome. I donated a few instrumentals for the Haiti effort myself.

And, yes, Lenny and Phil are still around. They are on Facebook though. :smiley:

What’s this Facebook to which you refer?

The last time one of these tragedies happened, and Lounge members wanted to do something like this, Woodlock and I were somewhat contrarian about it. For whatever reason, I feel differently now… maybe I’ve matured? Or just mellowed out some. I say go for it, and bless you :sunglasses:

Glyn has had a chance to read the text of this first post, which Robin copied over at Geoff’s forum, and sees that it’s mainly about collating completed works and getting the project done and dusted ASAP for maximum impact and thereby maximum potential to help the people it’s set up for.

He wishes to convey his respects to Larry and to all involved, and that he’s happy to contribute Motherless Child - if it fits, just grab the wave from the Haiti site Also anything that he’s done stuff on, eg Hunger or Ian’s orchestral piece if Larry or Ian want to contribute those.

Best wishes :slight_smile:

good luck…it’s a worthy cause…some extremely bad taste goin on under this

Some lyrics
Big tip of the hat to Mr. Holly

Everyday Sandy

Everyday it’s a getting warmer
Heating up like a nuke reactor
Storms like yours will surely come my way
A-hey, a-hey hey hey

Everyday winds are getting faster
Everyone says, “When’s the next disaster?”
A-hey, a-hey hey hey

Every year summer’s getting longer
Oceans rising tides are getting stronger
Fear the day
When the earth turns it’s back on me.

Everyday the sun is getting brighter
Ozone layer’s thin as tissue paper
A-hey, a-hey hey hey

Keep on burning coal gas and oil
Air’s turned poison like a septic boil
Fear the day
When the earth turn’s it back on me

Everyday it’s a getting warmer
Heating up like a nuke reactor
A-hey, a-hey hey hey

Ted Barrett 2012

Good luck guys!

I am going to dust off the gear this afternoon and find something to contribute. I’ve been too busy with the personal life lately to get much done musically, not so many gigs lately either :frowning: . It will be good to take another stab at a cause… hopefully it will do some good. :sunglasses:

The soup improves as it simmers. :wink:

And you too Doug.

I’ve also cross posted to my forum,

http://northwoodmediaworks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=846#p5466

There may be someone there who steps up. :sunglasses:

Cheers

Okay, so I am now gonna look like I am littering this topic… :astonished: :open_mouth: :confused: :blush:

I have just sent off my contribution to Larry and Tom. :slight_smile: I hope others will find something they can share, no matter what you feel the “grade” of it is… you’ll be sending the right energy anyway.

Cheers.

Got it. Are the submissions closed now?

Larry, P.M. me your phone number. I changed phones and don’t have it any more.

Tom, he said November 19th right?

So Robin buggered me to upload something, I found something I can live with :slight_smile:
Just spoke to the singer/guitarist and he’s allright with it.

Only problem: source is 16-bit, not 24. Want me to convert it to 24 or just throw you the 16-bit?
And where is this dropbox?

I did not see a link for that, I posted mine from my website… however, one of these chaps should have some info…

(and the vernacular here is a little testy… I bothered you, not buggered you! :laughing: ) Fer feks sake! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :blush:

Right, I keep saying that for some reason :stuck_out_tongue: