In this section I will provide a daily summary of our revenue collection.
12/10- $56.00 totalORIGINAL POST FOLLOWS
I'm positive that I'm not the only one who thought about the Musicians for Haiti
project as it pertains to the victims of Sandy.
Here's what I'm thinking:
1. We need a quick turnaround time. If you have a song already nearing completion that's great too, but I'd rather you cherry picked something from your already completed library to contribute. Please PM me your email address if you are going to contribute so that I can give you access to the Box.com folders for submissions.
2. I have a radio station that has already agreed to give us airtime if we do this. Plus, their studio is in Boonton, NJ which is (I believe) equidistant from both Lenny and I. Todd, the station's owner, said he would be willing to do on air interviews too so Lenny and I can make a road trip to get on the air to promote the album.
3. My employer is matching employee contributions, 1 for 1, for Sandy relief. So any monies donated would be collected by me and then given to my employer to double the impact.
4. A very close friend of mine is a top-notch graphics designer who, at one point, was responsible for ibm.com . I'm pretty sure he'd be willing to contribute an album cover and a logo. Since Musicians for Haiti
really isn't applicable as a name for this collaborative group, I'll come up with something appropriate.
5. Finally, I've created a Facebook fan page for promotional purposes and have started inviting my entire 500+ friend network to join it. Obviously, anyone from here on Facebook would be strongly encouraged to do the same. What killed the Haiti project was a lack of successful mass marketing (not due to any lack of effort by anyone here) so I want to already take steps now to setup preventative measures so that this doesn't happen again.
6. Tom (Zartler) has agreed to do post-production work, i.e. rudimentary mastering. See below for more information.
7. WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS
. As a studio owner, Tom's time really is money. He has graciously volunteered his time for any post-production work that needs to done to any of the tracks, so to limit the amount of time he needs to spend we decided to release 2 compilations of 8 tracks each.LEGALEASE
Each artist grants "us" (the collection of contributing artists) a non-exclusive right to distribute the specific bodies of work that they select and relinquish any and all claims to revenues generated as a result of "our" distribution activities for those bodies of work. The specific bodies of work being donated should be denoted in writing either via direct electronic communication (e.g. post here, in the corresponding Facebook thread, send me an email on Facebook or other means, etc.) or via an authorized representative (e.g. Tom Zartler on behalf of his artists).SOCIAL MEDIA
I have created a Facebook fan page called Sound of Humanity
. This will be the umbrella name for the group of musicians that contribute to this and future causes should we desire to do so. Even if you choose not to contribute, please do find and Like us on Facebook and then spread the word. We can only help as much as there are people that know about our existence so tell everyone you know!
There is a matching Bandcamp site: soundofhumanity.bandcamp.com . There is nothing yet there, obviously.
There is a matching email address for communications. It is email@example.com
. At some point in the future, I'll get a domain name, setup music.whatever.com to point to the Bandcamp site, and create email addresses using the domain name to give us more credibility in the e-world.CONTRIBUTING ARTISTS FOR THE SANDY EFFORT
1. Me - "It's a Sunny Day" (uploaded)
2. Dylan Siemerink - "Truly Free" (uploaded...I think)
3. Lenny Lee - "No Place Like Home" (uploaded)
4. Phil Donald - "Numb Club" (uploaded)
5. Mark Petruzzi - "If Only" (uploaded)
6. Ian - "The Storm is Over" (uploaded)
7. Matt Mead (non Cubase'r) - "Carry a Wave" (uploaded)
8. Strophoid - "With Me" (uploaded)
9. Robin - "Marvin's Journey" (uploaded)
10. Kevin (ShadowFax) - "Message for You" (uploaded)
11. John (JSW) - "Breakfast" (uploaded)
12. Nicola (non Cubase'r) - "Sign me up" (uploaded)
13. Kim Christiansen - "The Salesman" (uploaded)
14. Glyn Powell - "Heart Be Still" (uploaded)
15. Tara Eberle-Drouin - "Dangerous" (uploaded)
16. Katie Pearlman - "Dinner With the McCrays" (uploaded)
17. Dave Keir - "Entropy" (uploaded)LOGISTICS
I have setup a Box account for submitting files. If you are contributing, you must
PM me your email address so that I can grant you access to the Box folders.Due to the response, please submit one song only. Hit us with your best shot!
Please upload your file to the Workspace
folder with the appropriate name (see below).
Files should be stereo mixdowns, 44.1kHz, 24-bit (preferred, though Tom can convert 16-bit mixes) WAV files with the name "song title - artist" so that we can keep track of which file belongs to whom.
Before submitting them to Tom, turn off all plug-ins on the Master Bus. Tom has indicated that you can send him a version of the song with the plugs turned on so that he has some guidance in terms of your creative direction.