HALion 4 wish list

When open and active the Flexphraser broswser, use the up / down arrow and press enter to load the required Flexphraser preset.

Selecting any preset will NOT close the browser, so you can browse through presets easily with the up / down + Enter combination.

+1

Be careful what you wish for?

The way Steinberg operate Halion 5 will probably not be backward compatible and you will not be able to read Halion 4 patches.

5am

Please add feature requests to this topic to help HALion developers, not assumptions.

Hi Marcus, any word on when approximately the next Halion release will be, so we can all look forward to it?

Bump! :smiley:

Layer Alternate - maybe add the option to delete layers there just by pressing the Del or Backspace.

Same question here. We love this tool. But we need to know where we need to broke our bank accounts :smiley:

Plus adding and deleting multiple layers at once.

Yes, maybe simple mouse drag and drop of multiple layers in and out would be awesome, as the rearrangement of the layers work by mouse as well.

MediaBay Filter: presets/multis by content type: Sample, Synth or Mixed

Sometimes I’d like to work exclusively just sample-based instruments. Would be great to filter out all presets / multis that use samples exclusively (Sample). Or presets that use just the synth Engine (Synth) or both (Mixed).

If not already mentioned I’d like to see some more editing features
in the sample editor. Like normalizing, dc-offset-removal and so on.

But even more important to me is a clear and easy way to export programs
comparable to NI’s monolith. Right now you have to export it as a multi, then
export the vstpreset. And the import is even more anoying.

Plus I want to have a tuner. Is there already a tuner “effect” in the mixer?

+1, great idea. I am all for better cataloging and organization. Makes tracking down the type of sound you want, all that much quicker and easier.

ok, +1 for GPU acceleration of graphic elements

Keyboard shortcut for ‘Paste to New Layer’.

+1 for this.

Please SB developers, consider to re-check the whole shortcut configuration of HALion, as several functions are not shortcut assignable yet.

Sigh…I need it badly… please SB implement this… this alone would improve usability to another level.

Visual editor for sound morphing

Dynamic relationships between certain parameters and modulate several parameters with a knob is already possible with QuickControls, as far as I remember.

What I miss:
StepMod / LFO / Envelopes curves may control a grouped parameters of a sounds along their curve(s) to evolve sound over time.

E.g. to control filter cutoff + resonance + pitch + lfo speed by a user envelope or a slow lfo over time, with the desired amount and direction. Yes, it is possible with ModMatrix, but this is not very easy to follow visually with multiple parameters assigned. Maybe a visual module would inspire users to accomplish these.

This setting should be the part of a program, and would enable more “living” instrument where the change of parameter is controlled in a better way over time.

If you implement this feature below, please make it possible to create adjustable “horizontal” crossfades between triggered samples.

It’s been 6 and a half months since this statement. I don’t want to sound negative but I’m not impressed with the updates or added features, so far.