Nuendo 6 and Nuage system solution announced

Dear forum members,

Today Steinberg officially announces Nuendo 6, with information on features and functions of the upcoming new version, which will be available in the first quarter of 2013. Here’s a brief overview of some of the main features you’ll find in Nuendo 6:

Nuendo 6
• Groundbreaking new mixing console environment for enhanced operational speed
• Brand-new channel strip with high-quality effects, such as Brickwall limiter
• Nuendo 6 ADR Taker solution for voice recording and language dubbing makes external ADR solution redundant
• Fully integrated loudness measurement, featuring EBU-compliant metering plus RMS metering scales
• Dedicated loudness lane
• Anymix Pro from IOSONO for state-of-the-art surround productions
• Voxengo CurveEQ with sound-matching technology
• Even more professional workflow with new tools such as MemZap quick-jump tool
• Remote Control Editor allows for individual feature access via tactile controllers
• Steinberg ASIO-Guard with intelligent dropout-prevention techniques
• Professional sound library by Pro Sound Effects with more than 1.5 GB of dedicated post-production sounds
• Nuendo 6 is the heart of the new Nuage system solution by Yamaha and Steinberg

More information on features and functions in Nuendo 6 plus the product videos
can be found here

Information about NEK 6
There has been lots of discussion regarding the optional NEK pack. Finally, NEK will remain a part of the Nuendo 6 product line up, but in a different way. Neither is there a separate box nor a DVD medium this time around – no necessity to physically purchase something. All NEK features will be included with the Nuendo 6 DVD. This means the installer will be easily accessible via the Nuendo 6 Start Center. The license code will be provided together with the Nuendo 6 box (for updates from Nuendo 5+NEK and Nuendo 4+NEK) or together with a download of such an update. If you like to use the NEK features for the first time, you simple need to purchase the activation code within the Steinberg online shop.

Nuage System Solution by Yamaha and Steinberg
This is what many post-professionals have waited for years!
Yamaha and Steinberg proudly introduce Nuage – a complete, professional post-production environment. The Nuage system solution turns each studio into a cutting-edge command center for audio post-production work. Recording, editing, mixing – Nuendo 6 can be controlled intuitively via the surface of the Nuage controller hardware. Nuendo 6 is the core of the system, consisting of the Nuage controller hardware, analog and digital I/O interfaces, as well as further hardware options such as the Nuendo SyncStation synchronizer.

More information on features and functions of the Nuage system solution
can be found here

Quote from online NEK documentation:

Intelligent composing assistance
You don’t have to be a musical genius to lay down beautiful harmonies — not when you’re using Nuendo 7 NEK. The powerful new Chord Assistant helps you to generate everything from simple pop to complex jazz chord sequences that just sound fabulous.

Want to specify both the first and final chords but have no clue how to get there? This, also, is possible in Nuendo 7 NEK. The Chord Assistant lists chord suggestions from which you can choose — it’s all just a click away.

End Quote.

So should we skip N6 and wait for N7 ?

Hello,

No, it’s in NEK 6. This error will be corrected asap. Thanks for pointing out.

Cheers,
Timo

“Nuendo” and “Nuage” : LOL! It was meant to be. :smiley:

(For the anglo-only’s: “Nuage” means “Cloud” in French)

:smiley: Thanks for that! What does Nuendo mean anyway? I’ve been a user since the beginning and have never known…

Information about NEK 6
There has been lots of discussion regarding the optional NEK pack. Finally, NEK will remain a part of the Nuendo 6 product line up, but in a different way. Neither is there a separate box nor a DVD medium this time around – no necessity to physically purchase something. All NEK features will be included with the Nuendo 6 DVD. This means the installer will be easily accessible via the Nuendo 6 Start Center. The license code will be provided together with the Nuendo 6 box (for updates from Nuendo 5+NEK and Nuendo 4+NEK) or together with a download of such an update. If you like to use the NEK features for the first time, you simple need to purchase the activation code within the Steinberg online shop.

Does this mean upgrading to Nek 6 will be free if we already own Nek 4 or 5?

After reading it twice (actually three times ), that’s how I read it too.

I know, I’ve read it several times and that line about using Nek for the 1st time has me wondering.

Hello,

the update costs for the NEK update (e.g. Nuendo 5 + NEK to Nuendo 6 + NEK will be slightly higher
then for the non-NEK update. The update-paths are basically identical with the current structure.
The good news is: it will be cheaper than it is now. The pricing structure will be announced soon.

Thanks,
Timo

@TimoWildenhain it is almost 1/3 of 1/4 of year 2013 and as users of your top product will be fine to know how things going.

It is possible to share with us more information about release dates?

I also have not mentioned any NAMM 2013 news or videos from Steinberg?

Thanks

It seems, that these informations are the best-kept secrets of Steinberg.

Hello,

as I stated, Nuendo is on schedule for Q1 2013 and we expect the release for beginning of March.
The Nuage system will be available Q2 2013.

Thanks,
Timo

Thanks for the info Timo.

Thanks Timo. I looking forward to it :twisted:

'Timo,

Are there any plans within the N6 cycle to increase the number of available Studio Sends from 4 to more?

Hello,

for the N6 lifecycle there is currently no plan to do that. Do you see any need for more than 4 sends?

Thanks,
Timo

Thanks for the reply.

4 studio sends is not enough when trying to provide monitor mixes for more than 4 musicians playing live ( a small Band for example).

I suggested this some time ago in the N5 forum and several other users responded that they too would like to see more than 4 Studio Sends.

Inserts, Sends, Direct Routing all have 8 slots per channel, so why not provide 8 Studio Sends as well?

chris

Would love to hear when + where we’ll be able to see the Nuendo + Nuage combo in action. Sometime soon and somewhere close I am hoping!