Dual Monitors or 1 big one????

This to me is one of the mistakes people make with multiple monitors. IMO to get the best benefit, the 2nd monitor is for utilities, mixers, plug-ins, manuals etc… Keep the project window completely on the main monitor. By keeping the project clutter on a different screen, it will increase your speed.
However, if I had to make my choice between 2 22’s and a single 30"… I’d take the 30.

Yep good choice.

I use to use a 32" Sony bravia tv an upgraded to two so use to one screen in the middle I find it weird using one side of the monitors for main project and everything else on the other.My listening position gets messed up as I tend to move over to the main monitor.

Well quibble with that would be the TV is greatly resolution degraded. The reason I want 30+ is to get the resolution.

I’d love a second screen, but I’d never ever split a window up over 2 screens, that looks really odd and is very counterintuitive when doing precise edits on the edge.
1 screen with just project window, other with plugs, mixer etc. But I haven’t got enough space for a 2nd screen currently, I’d have to move my speakers off the table to get enough space, so I’d need speaker stands first and I’m not in enough of a hurry to figure out what to get :stuck_out_tongue:

I use 2 x 24 inch monitors , I find the workflow much better , having the arrangement on one screen and plugins/vst’s on the other or even Reason 6.5 on the second screen when I got programs rewired, just less clutter with 2 screens, that’s just my opinion.

I used to use only one 30" monitor, but now use two 25" monitors and could never go back.

OK so I took the plunge one big one it is:

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/lg-42ls345t-full-hd-42-led-tv-19130642-pdt.html#packs

Awaiting delivery
:smiley:
Zero

42"!
it’s ‘just’ full HD though, I hope you’re not too close to it or you’ll see the low pixel density.

Took a look at this in the shops with regular tv going through it, saw some retro resolution ‘archive clips’ too, from the fifties. Seemed OK but of course the proof of the pudding…

Great price

Will report back

2 monitors are a lot better than one especially for having a full blown project page , ive been using 2x 21" monitors for years and now ive just bit the bullet and bought a HD 7850 eyefinity graphics card and 4 full HD 21.5" monitors to easy my work flow :wink: (just waiting for the monitors )

Of course all these monitors and big screen TV’s are almost ideal mid, high end acoustic reflective surfaces. Usually set up in a curve focusing on the listeners head. When setting up, I extensively experimented with various positions of screens and audio monitoring to find the best setup. It’s quite shocking to actually hear the difference and the focused reflections from multiple monitors. I would have put in another screen to my right outwith the audio monitor, but the reflections from that made it very undesirable!

I always considered the listening and monitoring of audio to be the primary importance, but It seems like the visual aspect has become primary?

says the man with 3 monitors lol ,

It all goes down to how good your sound treatment is in your working area and as you say monitor placement , by me at least this has been taken in to consideration :wink:

This is an old picture from when the CMCs first came out. Got a T-Shirt out of the deal. I’d give the T-Shirt back to get my money back for the QC and CH :laughing:

30" HP (2560x1600), 24" Samsung (1920x1200)

I have three monitors set up at present and thats cool too. They are all old resolution 4/3 aspect but I can now spread the project over two screens and get the MIxer on a third to the right.

I have been running dual screens for a while now in 19 in - about a decade.

I may well do something similar with the new big screen - one big one and two satelaitesw either side. See how things go.

We seem to be doing pics so here’s one

Yeah, thats how I know :laughing: I would have more but just couldn’t find space where they worked without destroying the sound, within a reasonable viewing angle that is!

Or you could just do what ZeroZero does and plonk one right in front of the speaker :sunglasses:

Spot the singing fish :mrgreen:

As I said above its a temporary arrangement. for the pic.

Ah… I thought you could put a similar one in front of the left speaker to balance things up (only joking)

Big Mouth Billy Bass in the background…

Fair point :wink: The studio does need a sort at present. I am working in Surround so you cant see a lot of it in the pic

Just found out that Curry’s have cancelled my order for the 42" in apparently LG have none in stock. Sounded too good to be true