Hope Springs Eternal (Vols 1 and 2) - NOW WITH SALES FIGURES

I’m working on a track art for my song, I didn’t forget yet :wink:. Still waiting on feedback on my proposal from the singer.
Same with the track info, he still has to send me the lyrics.

I went to Charity Navigator and found All Hands Volunteers.

All Hands Volunteers provides hands-on assistance to survivors of natural disasters around the world, with maximum impact and minimum bureaucracy. By supporting volunteers with housing, meals, tools, and organized work at no charge we are able to provide free and effective response services to communities in need. Our programs are directed by the needs of each community in which we work, ensuring a timely, relevant, and culturally sensitive response.

They have an overhead of only 19%, full financial transparency, and a personal favorite: none of the salaries of the 3 officers exceeds USD$50,000. (The other ones that had high ratings on Charity Navigator had officer(s) with 6 figure salaries.)

Plus they do not seem to be affiliated with any religious work, which I know is big with this crowd.

I have sent an email to the head of the organization to find out if the funds we collect can be designated to be used for Sandy victims only. As soon as I find out I will post here.

Sounds promising… keep up the good work Larry! :smiley:

DaveKeir, wodehouse, and Dylan: please contact me ASAP if you are still planning on contributing tracks.

DING DING DING DING! WE HAVE A WINNAH!

Hi Larry,

I apologize for David not getting back to you, as you can probably imagine when a disaster hits things get a bit hectic and his email inbox gets flooded. My other colleague passed your request over your question to me about the restriction of funds. Yes, we can designate the donations your album produces to our Superstorm Sandy response fund, and are happy that you found our organization worth of your support.

I do not know how you plan on send us the donation(s), but in which ever way you do please put a reminder note with it, that states its for the Superstorm Sandy fund so we can process it correctly for you.

Also I’ll be looking forward to track when you release them next week, and have liked you on facebook so we can stay updated.

If you have any other questions please reach out to me directly.

Cheers,

Terri

:sunglasses:

How much did the Haiti effort raise?

About USD$100. Peanuts.

Biggest problem: lack of media coverage. Lack of support by the charity we selected. Etc.

That’s why I immediately created a Facebook page and asked everyone here to find it, Like it, and promote it to your friends. That’s why I reached out to a friend who owns a radio station (an Internet radio station, but still one with a decent listener base) to get his support via an on-air interview and play time for the songs.

I’m still trying to do more, but (in my estimation) we are already far ahead of where we were last time.

What are the specifics of the current charity? What percentage actually makes it to the people in need as opposed to admin. costs?

Check out the links I already posted. They claim their overhead is 18%. http://hands.org

If you go to Charity Navigator they received 5 of 5 stars for reasons such as financial transparency, etc. as well.

I finally heard from Dylan (sirdancelot) and Dave Keir so hopefully their tracks will be accessible tonight.

Tom will be downloading tomorrow and having a serious listen through, first, to determine grouping. (We don’t want the highest quality in the first 8 setting up the listener for “disappointment” when the second 8 don’t match.) Song key, overall feel of the tracks as they flow into one another, etc. will also be considered.

Radio show will be Tuesday, EST. Not yet sure of the time. Tom is going to try to drive up from West Chester, PA so hopefully the pair of us will be representing both the artist and production side of the effort.

Paypal connectivity is setup. I still have some questions around how it works, but I’m getting those answered.

Good luck to all involved. A worthwhile cause.

I’ve had to duck out because I originally couldn’t get access to the relevant folder - owing to a permission problem.
And, now when I try again, Box.com keeps asking me to enter a valid email address! It is valid - I use it every day!

So, as I say, good luck with this - I’ll be looking out for it.

:frowning:

Can you use BigFile to get me the track? If so send it, album / track artwork, and lyrics / track credits to humanusic@yahoo.com

Bothered (note to self, not buggered) Freek a couple of times to send me the lyrics but he hasn’t yet. Uploaded the track info I have, we’ll see if I can actually get the lyrics before Christmas :wink:

LIKE US! LETS RAISE SOME MONEY! GO CUBASE! MORE POWER FROM THE PEOPLE FOR PEOPLE. :smiley:

Human kind can be so freaking cool!

We are now booked for HomeGrownRadioNJ.org on Tuesday in the 7pm EST hour. (Todd, the station owner, asked me to arrive at the studio at 7pm, so my guess is that I’ll get on the air at 7:15pm or 7:30pm.) Tune in and listen!

Hi - I’m just sending it via www.yousendit.com at the moment.

Cheers.

Because we really aren’t ready yet for the release given that Tom has been sick and just today (per the deadline I stated in the beginning) downloaded everything, I’m selected 3 tracks that seem to me to have the most spit and polish (using the frequency analyzers known as my ears) to them for the radio show.

I know radio used to compress songs to account for the fact that the ability to perceive dynamics in crappy car stereos was not that great “in the old days.” But car stereos are much better now; there’s HD audio for radio and Sirius/XM; and this is an Internet radio station using ShoutCast so it’s all bits and bytes.

I plan on equalizing gain using K-12 (originally intended for radio and since I don’t have an EBU R128 meter yet) so that should ensure some consistency. My question therefore is: do I still moderately compress the tracks and use make-up gain to get to the appropriate equivalent of RMS? Or should I ignore the compression and simply add gain to get to the appropriate levels?

Note: my target format is MP3 @ 320kbps per Todd’s request.

You use a limiter/ peak limiter not a traditional compression.

Like this:
http://www.sonnoxplugins.com/pub/plugins/products/limiter.htm