Hope Springs Eternal (Vols 1 and 2) - NOW WITH SALES FIGURES

What are the specifics of the current charity? What percentage actually makes it to the people in need as opposed to admin. costs?

Check out the links I already posted. They claim their overhead is 18%. http://hands.org

If you go to Charity Navigator they received 5 of 5 stars for reasons such as financial transparency, etc. as well.

I finally heard from Dylan (sirdancelot) and Dave Keir so hopefully their tracks will be accessible tonight.

Tom will be downloading tomorrow and having a serious listen through, first, to determine grouping. (We don’t want the highest quality in the first 8 setting up the listener for “disappointment” when the second 8 don’t match.) Song key, overall feel of the tracks as they flow into one another, etc. will also be considered.

Radio show will be Tuesday, EST. Not yet sure of the time. Tom is going to try to drive up from West Chester, PA so hopefully the pair of us will be representing both the artist and production side of the effort.

Paypal connectivity is setup. I still have some questions around how it works, but I’m getting those answered.

Good luck to all involved. A worthwhile cause.

I’ve had to duck out because I originally couldn’t get access to the relevant folder - owing to a permission problem.
And, now when I try again, Box.com keeps asking me to enter a valid email address! It is valid - I use it every day!

So, as I say, good luck with this - I’ll be looking out for it.

:frowning:

Can you use BigFile to get me the track? If so send it, album / track artwork, and lyrics / track credits to humanusic@yahoo.com

Bothered (note to self, not buggered) Freek a couple of times to send me the lyrics but he hasn’t yet. Uploaded the track info I have, we’ll see if I can actually get the lyrics before Christmas :wink:

LIKE US! LETS RAISE SOME MONEY! GO CUBASE! MORE POWER FROM THE PEOPLE FOR PEOPLE. :smiley:

Human kind can be so freaking cool!

We are now booked for HomeGrownRadioNJ.org on Tuesday in the 7pm EST hour. (Todd, the station owner, asked me to arrive at the studio at 7pm, so my guess is that I’ll get on the air at 7:15pm or 7:30pm.) Tune in and listen!

Hi - I’m just sending it via www.yousendit.com at the moment.

Cheers.

Because we really aren’t ready yet for the release given that Tom has been sick and just today (per the deadline I stated in the beginning) downloaded everything, I’m selected 3 tracks that seem to me to have the most spit and polish (using the frequency analyzers known as my ears) to them for the radio show.

I know radio used to compress songs to account for the fact that the ability to perceive dynamics in crappy car stereos was not that great “in the old days.” But car stereos are much better now; there’s HD audio for radio and Sirius/XM; and this is an Internet radio station using ShoutCast so it’s all bits and bytes.

I plan on equalizing gain using K-12 (originally intended for radio and since I don’t have an EBU R128 meter yet) so that should ensure some consistency. My question therefore is: do I still moderately compress the tracks and use make-up gain to get to the appropriate equivalent of RMS? Or should I ignore the compression and simply add gain to get to the appropriate levels?

Note: my target format is MP3 @ 320kbps per Todd’s request.

You use a limiter/ peak limiter not a traditional compression.

Like this:
http://www.sonnoxplugins.com/pub/plugins/products/limiter.htm

Well, you could use a compressor too but for what you are doing, a limiter would be extremely easy to get quick results.

Since I don’t have anything other than the standard Cubase limiter would this work for my quick-n-dirty purposes?

Sure, give it a whirl. Is this being broadcasted over the internet, FM, or AM?

Internet via ShoutCast.

Edit: this is done. I had to - gasp! - actually read the documentation on what the Limiter’s parameters do since there isn’t an “Internet radio broadcast” preset. :laughing: I’m happy with the results.

Which tracks did you pick for the broadcast?

Good luck, Larry! :slight_smile:

I streamed this site for a while last night, its a cool station… :smiley:

On the air right now