Hope Springs Eternal (Vols 1 and 2) - NOW WITH SALES FIGURES

Its going well indeed, a little glitchy sound just prior, called them up and they sorted it! :smiley: :sunglasses:

Nice bunch of fellas there… And they are all local to the effects of Sandy.

Todd is so funny. He told me you called them to tell them they sounded like sh`t. :laughing:

Had a blast tonight. Todd did the cause a real solid by allowing us to promote what we’re trying to accomplish.

To answer Wim’s question: I selected the tracks from Nicola, Lenny, Tara and my own which was intended to be a backup, i.e. if I talk too much and we need something else to fill in the space. I wasn’t intending on staying as long as I did or playing my song, but Todd insisted on both while the mics were on mute and the songs were playing.

The only reason why I selected the other three tracks was because I didn’t want to add to Tom’s burden by asking him to have 3 tracks done only a day after our cutoff, which was yesterday. He is going to have his hands full as it is in between clients trying to get things polished so that we can make relatively aggressive timelines. Therefore, it was going to be me prepping the tracks for radio broadcast, so I selected ones that I thought would be the easiest, i.e. squash them a bit, level them to K-12, and export to MP3.

Still, as Tom said in an email to the collaborators (damn Yahoo emptied my trash so I can’t quote it directly so I’m paraphrasing here): he is giddy with excitement at the quality of all of the tracks in totality, and I couldn’t agree more. We should all be proud of ourselves for the work - now it’s time to get the word out so that we can raise money this time. I’m trying to do this, but I need the help of everyone here even if you didn’t contribute a track this time! PLEASE HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!

Well, it did at first… I checked out the station a few times in the past couple of days, the stream sounded good. So of course today, I tune in and it was in overdrive mode, nasty distortion… luckily they have a phone number on their website, and I figured we cant have it sounding like sheet, I called, Todd answered!

I nearly fell out of the chair when he said what he did on the air! :laughing: Those fellas would be good to share a few brews with!

Ya done good Larry… :sunglasses:

Cheers

Tonight’s radio show is now on Bandcamp at http://soundofhumanity.bandcamp.com . Thanks to Robin for recording it in the first place, and thanks to Bandcamp for providing unlimited bandwidth for streaming and a maximum filesize that exceeds the largest of the chunks that I uploaded. :laughing:

Nice work chaps. Will listen to the recording this afternoon!

These are the types of messages I like to see. We already received 4 new Likes to the page, which I am assuming is due to Jeff’s efforts!

Shared it around a bit. Don’t use facebook myself but I’ll get some people to like it :slight_smile:

:sunglasses:

T minus 1 day! :smiley:

Spread the word!

Individual tracks are $1.00. Buy the entire album (8 tracks) for $7.00! Of course, if you or your friends want to pay more Bandcamp will let you do that too. :mrgreen:

Hello - is there any other way to hear the songs - rather than Box?

I ask because, as you know, I’ve been unable to access the folder on their site (owing to some permission error) and even now, if I try to log in it, I end up in a constant loop asking for me to enter my email address. When I do enter my email address, it asks me to enter it again (owing to not being valid!!!) - I use the email address all the time and have never had issues with it for 18 years.

It would be good to hear what everyone has been contributing.

Thanks

The album will be live today. You’ll be able to stream from Bandcamp for free. You only pay for the tracks if you want to download them.

WE ARE LIVE!

Excellent - I’ve listened to all of Vol 1. What a great job on the mastering side of things. Mind you, the quality of songs possibly made it easy anyway!

Great work folks and for a good cause.

When is Vol2 available?

The date for volume 2 is yet to be decided. Tom thinks it mayyyyy be possible to do it 2 weeks from today, but he didn’t want to commit to it until after he had a chance to look at his studio schedule.

Don’t worry: I’ll be sure to post the date here.

And…we already have our first purchase of the entire album. They donated $10.00 instead of the minimum of $7.00. :party:

Nice :slight_smile:

Disappointing first day.

I will be updating the first post in this discussion with daily sales figures.

I should have done this from the get-go. Thanks to Philter for the suggestion.

We are now on Twitter as @humanusic. Follow us that way or via #sandyrelief or #hopesprings .

Just shared the whole thing on the EU communities I’m in. We’ll see how it goes, but I don’t expect too much from it, here in Europe we already forgot about Sandy.