Cubase SX 3 / WinXP user ready to get current

Thanks!

I did scan the comparison matrix and most of what I’m used to in SX3 is only in the top tier current Cubase, but when I checked Nuendo it was kind of confusing. I can see where there are add-in packs to add Cubase functionality to Nuendo, though when I used Nuendo in a studio about 4 years ago I was right at home - it seemed the same as Cubase for what we were doing while tracking that day, so it left me kind of confused as to having multiple tiers in two parallel product lines rather than just multiple tiers in as single product line.

Any idea if the score printing tools in the current Cubase (or Nuendo if there are any) have improved much over CubaseSX 3 era? My understanding back when I set mine up was that most folks exported to Finale or Sebelius to do actual orchestral score production. I have a three movement symphony finished in Cubase / Quantum Leap (precursor to PLAY) and it sure would be nice not to have to export and buy and set up an entirely different app to produce scores with (especially when I wouldn’t need any of their libraries or rendering features).