Update from Cubase Pro 8 to Cubase Pro 10.5

Hello everybody,

I own Cubase 8 Pro and just bought the Update to Cubase Pro 10.5. I run it under Mac OS Catalina. After downloading the dmg file for Installation the Steinberg Download Assistant Manager started and I have the options to install Cubase 10.5 Full (21gb) an update from 10.0 (1,54gb) or an update for Cubase 10.05.0 or higher. Thats al Options when I click on the left side on “Cubase Pro 10.5”. I think the Full 21gb is the wrong option because I dont want to install it completely new but rather update my version to save all changes and preferences I made.

I know its a little bit strange and maybe I just dont see the obvious option but I need support here :slight_smile:

Thanks!

the 10.5 full is the right install and if you start it then 10.5 will look if there is an old Version and take the preferences from it so the full 21gB isthe right download.
and next time please post in englisch part of forum, this is the german part i dont like to write in Englisch.

So, jetzt kannst du mich erschlagen :slight_smile: Sorry dafür! Dachte echt aus irgendeinem Grund beim Anmelden hier am Forum, das es english only ist. Hätte ich dir die Mühe auf Englisch zu schreiben ersparen können. Mein Fehler aber ich danke dir für den Support. Habe jetzt auch die 21GB Full installiert und scheint zu funktionieren.

Wie gesagt - sry nochmal. Selbst ganz vorne wenn man das Forum quasi startet steht ja auch nochmal “English Forums” und “German Forums”. Keine Ahnung wie ich das überlesen konnte. Das war gekonnt :wink: