Cubase 10 Artist stops responding when loading projects

Hi all,

I have an issue with opening projects; whenever I open any project, it stops loading a channel about one-tenth of the way through the progress bar. When I press Ctrl-Alt-Del, Task Manager invariably shows Cubase as not responding. This does not happen on every project but seems to happen on projects that use third-party VST plugins.

I have already moved the VSTPlugin folder to the Desktop and tried re-opening the project again. It did not work for the particular project I wanted, but I tried loading a different one and this time it opened. I got an error message saying that one of the VSTPlugins in use for that particular project could not be found so the project opened without it - no surprise there. However the other project still crashes upon loading in the same manner as before.

Sometimes if I can get a project to load, it just takes a very long time to finally open and appears to have crashed but eventually sorts itself out. I’ve never had this issue before so I am confused but it is concerning as it seems as though my system is unstable.

I am working on Windows 10 x64.

Hi,

Does it crash or hang? If it crashes, can you attach the *.dmp file, please?
Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

If it hangs, could you generate a DMP file from Task Manager or use Microsoft ProcDump utility to generate one, please?