HALion 4 wish list

Bump! :smiley:

Layer Alternate - maybe add the option to delete layers there just by pressing the Del or Backspace.

Same question here. We love this tool. But we need to know where we need to broke our bank accounts :smiley:

Plus adding and deleting multiple layers at once.

Yes, maybe simple mouse drag and drop of multiple layers in and out would be awesome, as the rearrangement of the layers work by mouse as well.

MediaBay Filter: presets/multis by content type: Sample, Synth or Mixed

Sometimes I’d like to work exclusively just sample-based instruments. Would be great to filter out all presets / multis that use samples exclusively (Sample). Or presets that use just the synth Engine (Synth) or both (Mixed).

If not already mentioned I’d like to see some more editing features
in the sample editor. Like normalizing, dc-offset-removal and so on.

But even more important to me is a clear and easy way to export programs
comparable to NI’s monolith. Right now you have to export it as a multi, then
export the vstpreset. And the import is even more anoying.

Plus I want to have a tuner. Is there already a tuner “effect” in the mixer?

+1, great idea. I am all for better cataloging and organization. Makes tracking down the type of sound you want, all that much quicker and easier.

ok, +1 for GPU acceleration of graphic elements

Keyboard shortcut for ‘Paste to New Layer’.

+1 for this.

Please SB developers, consider to re-check the whole shortcut configuration of HALion, as several functions are not shortcut assignable yet.

Sigh…I need it badly… please SB implement this… this alone would improve usability to another level.

Visual editor for sound morphing

Dynamic relationships between certain parameters and modulate several parameters with a knob is already possible with QuickControls, as far as I remember.

What I miss:
StepMod / LFO / Envelopes curves may control a grouped parameters of a sounds along their curve(s) to evolve sound over time.

E.g. to control filter cutoff + resonance + pitch + lfo speed by a user envelope or a slow lfo over time, with the desired amount and direction. Yes, it is possible with ModMatrix, but this is not very easy to follow visually with multiple parameters assigned. Maybe a visual module would inspire users to accomplish these.

This setting should be the part of a program, and would enable more “living” instrument where the change of parameter is controlled in a better way over time.

If you implement this feature below, please make it possible to create adjustable “horizontal” crossfades between triggered samples.

It’s been 6 and a half months since this statement. I don’t want to sound negative but I’m not impressed with the updates or added features, so far.

retrologue is a nice synth.Hope they add this feature too!

NAMM is coming up shortly, I hope something is to be announced then. I am sure if the update is big enough, it will have to be payed for.

Can’t wait for it!

Performance tool for note-on triggering

Performance tool - moving of the Sphere and Quick Controls could be recorded over time (e.g. 2 min max) and should be editable / re-fineable in a separate window, similarly to automation curves.
Every time I play a note, this should trigger these live automatons - this would extremely increase the expression of instrument!

SB, you should check out these similar concepts that would be awesome this for HALion:

Regarding NAMM: I wouldn’t keep my fingers crossed… the industry relies less and less an trade shows…but who knows…

Well…a lot of really intresting wished features have already been proposed…

here are mine in no particular orders:

1. Beef that library with up-to-date sounds…or at least more electronic percussion and modern content. Even if i like build my own patches …I find there lacks interesting sounds to start with…or to get some inspiration.
    When you see what’s on the market today…there is something missing in halion…
  2. Ability to tweak our own flexphrases and export them (drag and drop). (the fact we can import chords from chords track into trigger pad is pretty cool though)
  3. possibility to quick link everything from everywhere. Or at least more than now.
  4. More effects…more esoterism please. More sound design. Or ideally vst fx support " à la maschine" where we could quick link the vst effects parameters.
  5. Import from a way or another PADSHOP technology into halion…we need granular…can’t even think about the beast it would become if it has this ability…$
  6. previewing patch…and all the items related to that matter.

:mrgreen: