Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17514
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ce7c78c
Exception Code: e0434f4d
Exception Offset: 000000000000a49d
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1053

Anyone got a solution?
F/&%# annoying that this update is not tested properly…
Any other updates has worked fine.

Regards
Hans

Hi Hans - I had a lot of grief with exactly this issue myself; I am on Vista32 mind…

There was someone else on Win7 64 like yourself, who also had a ‘Setup has stopped working’ message and they resolved by uninstalling v6.0.5 first, then running the update (6.5).

I thought I’d try the same thing, but it didn’t work for me. I read somewhere else, that the 6.5 update needs at least a 6.0 installation to, err, ‘update’…! :wink:

So, what I ended up doing was to finally connect my music machine to the internet and ran Windows Update. It hadn’t been connected since I bought it, late 2007. To my horror, WU said the machine needed over 460MB of updates/patches, NET Framework bit and pieces, graphics, security, the lot…! Somehow, C6.0.5 had been running just fine and dandy thank you…

Anyway, I let it do all that (took a long time), then I re-installed Cubase v6.0 from the DVD and then I ran the v6.5 update - and Bingo…! It ran and finally installed fine. Take from this what you will… :wink:

Good luck…!

Bob

Thanks man…
I will try to update Windows 7 x64. It is a long time since i did that, because this pc is not connected to net. But that is easy to fix…

I write if I succeed,

Regards
Hans
(Pax Greger is artist name…)

Well, to update Windows did not do the trick.
Same problem as before.
I will NOT uninstall anything to get this to work, because it is NOT recommended by Steinberg to do so.
And i have WAY to much things on this pc that i am afraid to loose if something goes wrong.
So i depend on Steinberg to fix this…
If not i will have my money back, and wait for a full release to v.7. With CD’s (DVD’s) for new install.

I will wait some more days, but to get no reply from Steinberg is not what i expected.
The last thing Steinberg needs now is unhappy customers, when ppl are starting to leave Pro Tools for Cubase…

Let me hear about other with same problem here…

Best Regards
Hans
Sweden

Latest news is that Steinberg support recommend to install files separately.
I did try that. And all files in folder “VST Sound” did install OK.
But Cubase6_64 did not, system reply; this is already installed.
When i start Cubase, it say v.6.05. The version i had before this trouble started.
I really hope Steinberg fix this really soon, because it is no fun to pay for something that is not working.

If they knew about compatibility problems, we users should have been warned.
Or even better, make the install files better. Testing more in diff setups to make sure it will work all over.

Best regards to you all.
Cubase is still the best… (so far…)
// Hans

After write this result to Steinberg support, i got this to try.

Uninstall Cubase 6, and then install it again, then the 6.5 update.

Really???
Is this the way Steinberg is recommending customer to follow.
Let customer fix what Steinberg did not fix. Do this, do that…
And all the hours we spend on fixing should be done from Steinberg support.
This is starting to piss me off. :angry:

If I uninstall Cubase 6. I have to install all plugins that i have used, and that take MANY HOURS…
Who pay me for this? No one…
Hours i could use to make money instead.

Let me hear from other, with same problem, or how to solve this in a better way…

Regards
Hans

Hello,

If I uninstall Cubase 6. I have to install all plugins that i have used, and that take MANY HOURS…

That is not correct. Only Cubase will be uninstalled. All your VST’s will be still on your harddrive, and don’t need to be re-installed.

Cheers,

Chris

Exactly.

Hans, we don’t know what happened to your system in detail, so please follow these steps:

1. Uninstall Cubase 6
  2. Reinstall Cubase 6
  3. Update to 6.5

Cheers,
Helge

So, if i do this, the VST folder inside Cubase6 is not deleted?
Is this for sure?
If not i have to make a copy of all plugins that is there (non Steinberg), and put them back…

//Hans

This did not work… :imp:
I uninstalled Cubase 6, and install it again.
And then i try to install Cubase 6.5. Same fault as before.
I tried to install the files separately - no luck.

So ADMIN ppl. Please ta action.
Forward this messages to programmers that are responsible for this update.

Regards
Hans

Hello Hans,

Perhaps you MSI.dll is damaged / correupted on your computer. Please have a look at the microsoft.com website for the latest one. Please replace the “old” MSI.dll with the new one.

Please contact our support department directly when you should still have troubles afterwards. The contact details can be found here.

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks for your suggestions. :slight_smile:
I will try update my OS again, and try it all again.
Or i wait to new SSD HD arrive, and do a clean new install there.

If any problems i contact the support department, they are good here in Sweden.

Regards
Hans