Re-install 6.5 or Rollback???

After installing 6.5, I lost several VSTis and some others load but do not work at all. I also notice that the menu bar now has 2 headings for CUBASE next to FILE, EDIT, etc. where the first menu item does nothing at all. All worked before so I’m guessing this is definitely 6.5 related. Not sure if I should roll-back to 6.05 or re-download and reinstall 6.5.

Opinions please?

You´ve got a chance of 50%, for one to work. So try one, if not the other. Doesn´t seem to be a big deal…

How’s THAT for an opinion. Sheesh.

My opinion is it´s no big deal to try one of the two, if that doesn´t work try the other. Seems at least a little bit more of opinion than what you have to say…
What can´t you understand this time? Tell me, and I try to explain it to you, just like last time…

@Thinkingcap: Although I appreciate you taking the time to offer what appears to be more conjecture rather than hands-on experience, I am more interested in hearing from those that actually have encountered similar issues and remedied them the first time through based on the trials and errors of others. No need to recreate the wheel, so to speak.

So that means you will now wait until someone tells you his opinion on which of your two options you should try, before you get back a useable Cubase, instead of simply first trying that relatively simple task yourself…?
I don´t want to overly complicate things for you, I´ll give you a third option (again totally conjecture rather than hands on experienced though): Ask for opinions on trashing the preferences first…

My opinion is that you often have little to say, yet you feel the desperate need to seem authoritative for no apparent reason.

Probably not too helpful for the OP either, but see - at least that´s an opinion…

To the OP: I found 6.5 actually fixes the two Cubase menus as I had that before, but on in 32 bit mode. I still can’t get the MR816 to not drop the driver when changing songs so I removed the MR extenstion and treat it as ant othe interface…seems to be a Lion/driver thing.
Chris

Before I switch over to Cubase, is this how life in this forum is usually? Cause I’m unimpressed at the lack of respect.