Bounce In Place is possible in C7 New [Video]

Hi,
I’m uploading my Key commands .xml file, that contains 4 Macros for Audio export. And “For Export” Folder with Project Logical Editor presets, which you will need to run those Macros.

Put the .xml (which is in the For Export_xml.zip file) file to
C:\Users[User]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 7\Presets\KeyCommands
And “For Export” folder (which is in the For Export.zip file) to
C:\Users[User]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 7\Presets\Project Logical Editor.

Before you start, save your key commands to a preset.

So, open your Key commands menu, go to presets and find the one of mine: “For Export”, click on it. Then click “Show Macros” button and find 4 new Macro in the list: “Export VSTi”, “Export Whole MIDI”, “Export Multi MIDI P.1” and “Export Multi MIDI P.2”. Then find your saved Key commands preset and load it, because you need my Macros, but not my Key commands assignment. New Macros will stay, if you have no Macros named the same. So assign any keys you want to the macros and that’s all.

How it works.

First go to Export Audio Mixdown and check the following settings:

1.Channel Batch Export
2.Path (wherever you want)

3.Naming scheme: 1.Channel Name. 2.Mixer Index 3.Counter
(This scheme will help to avoid file name conflicts, if you do “Bounce-In-Place” more then once, for certain VSTi. From time to time you’ll need to reset the counter)

4.Sample Rate
5.Bit Depth
6.Import into Project: Pool! Audio track!
7.Close window after export.

(The rest is shown in the video.)

1.“Export VSTi”. Pretty easy - choose the track & the event, push the button.
If you want to export several VSTi’s at once, you must remember, that all rendered Audio files will be in the one Folder, which will be located below the last selected Instrument Track in the Track List. Like this:

Instrument Track 1
Instrument Track 2
Instrument Track 3
Folder
Audio from Instrument Track 1
Audio from Instrument Track 2
Audio from Instrument Track 3.

Knowing Issue.
If your Instrument Track located between two Folders, like this:

Folder
Instrument Track
Folder

keep those Folders folded before the Audio export, other way a New Folder with rendered Audio will be placed in another (almost unpredictable) location.

2.“Export Whole MIDI”. Your VST Instruments must be in the VST Folder.
Lets say you have 4 MIDI tracks connected to HalionSonic SE (In the VST rack). HalionSonic has 4 activated outputs, so MIDI tracks connected to them accordingly. And you want these 4 MIDI tracks to be rendered. This is the case for “Export Whole MIDI” Macro. Just push the button and get 4 new Audio tracks inside a Folder, located under selected MIDI tracks.
If you select only 1 or 2 or 3 of 4 MIDI tracks, you’ll get 4 audio tracks with Audio events anyway. But the Audio events from the “not selected” MIDI tracks will contain silence. It happens because your HalionSonic has 4 activated outputs.
So, to render only 1 or several MIDI tracks from a Multitrack VSTi with many active outputs you need to use “Export Multi MIDI P.1” and “Export Multi MIDI P.2”.

3.“Export Multi MIDI P.1”.
Choose MIDI track(s) you want to export and remember the number(s) of their MIDI output channels, then press the hot key for the Macro. Macro will zoom out your tracks and bring you to the VST folder, where all active outputs of the selected VSTi will be set to SOLO, so you can easily distinguish them among the others. Now you need to select the output(s) (highlight it/them) you actually want to render (the remembered MIDI output channel(s)). Then press the hotkey for the “Export Multi MIDI P.2” Macro. It will do the job and bring you back to your MIDI tracks and new Audio.

“Export Multi MIDI P.1” and “Export Multi MIDI P.2” Macros will come in handy when you have a large project with lots of tracks and Multioutput VSTi’s.

Have a nice day.
For Export_xml.zip (20.6 KB)
For Export.zip (8.62 KB)