Real Time Export removed in Artist

Why has Real Time Export been removed from 11 Artist. A feature that has been there for as long as I remember has now been removed!? :question:

Genuinely baffled why this has been removed.

Does not really make sense at all…

If this is gone from Artist 11 then there is one simple answer…cash flow.

It sounds like a move to force users to upgrade to full version.

It is now called “Advances Audio Export” and this feature is only available with Pro. I’d rather expect to only have realtime export instead of all the offline processing in a limited version. For me that’s not a fair move, especially since they’ve added a lot more to Artist I believe with version 11.

After looking into both version’s manuals, they took it away from Artist 11. This is a shame for Steinberg. Not adding new stuff, ok, go for it, removing existing features, that’s rude and a shame! Poor move Steinberg!

“Funny” enough that they still refer to RealTime Export in regards to Video Export (pages 915 ff in the PDF manual)

It’s a completely baffling move. So you can realtime export in video mode but not in audio which is the solder purpose of Cubase. I don’t care for video in Cubase. Really poor move

Completely agree. I’m fine with new features not being added but removing a basic feature that has already been there on prior versions is not ok

Artist supports features such as external hardware which would need the support of realtime exporting.
If this is done purposely they should put it in the details of features removed.

1 Like

And you might or might not have noticed that Real Time Export still exists for Video in Artist! What’s that? Not sure if it can be a workaround for those suffering from missing Real Time Export in the Audio Mixdown dialog? I hope all Artist users open tickets with complaints. And I really hope they just “forgot” the tickbox when they limited the Audio Mixdown dialog window for Artist, like a human mistake and it’ll be fixed in the next maintenance update or even better with a hotfix for Artist. Yet not sure if anyone asked Steinberg directly? 'Cos here I doubt you’ll here an official statement.To be fair, most of them might still be busy with licking the wounds from the licensing disaster…hope they are going to take care of it.

To let people pay for an update and remove a working function that is essential is close to scam. “Unfair” is by far a too weak expression for such a move.

I dare to say that such a move is somehow illegal … because you should be allowed to expect that an UPDATE allows you to treat your old projects just like you could in the former version - except compatibility of projects is explicitly NOT supported.

I mean, it makes sense that Real-Time Export isn’t in Artist Version, as I think technically that is more of a “pro” situation.

But I guess it sucks it was there and then not there.

That being said, if you are an Artist, and you need this feature, you can now consider yourself a Pro and buy 11 pro as a celebration.

Hi,

That’s a bug. We will fix this with the next update.

Best,
Matthias

Thank you, Matthias - this is good news.

Thank you for confirming Matthias.
It did feel like an oversight as I’ve never know you guys to remove something like that.

Thanks again

Hi Matthias can you tell me if this is related to the lack of real time export for the render function of external instruments in Cubase 11 Pro?

Forget my question Matthias - I’ve seen the error of my ways… It seems that I’ve forgotten how Cubase works … with regards to the difference between Track and Rack Instruments, and how to render them. I’ve got it all figured out now though.
Cubase pro 11 seems really good so far!

Forget my question Matthias - I’ve seen the error of my ways… It seems that I’ve forgotten how Cubase works … with regards to the difference between Track and Rack Instruments, and how to render them. I’ve got it all figured out now though.
Cubase pro 11 seems really good so far!

Totally disagree. Mixdown is the most basic (fundamental) Cubase function and thus everything associated with it should be considered basic functionality.
Real-Time Export was also part of the Elements version (now gone as well).
Its absence makes Cubase useless for me (BFD3 plugin will simply not mix correctly without real time export).

The first update has become available a month ago but no fixing on the real-time export. Instead, Artist customers receive emails on upgrading to Pro. Is there a reason for such treatment of the client basis? Why would a customer trust Steinberg for a Pro version, when they have failed to provide a decent response to support their Artist customers?