building a pc for cubase (help)

halo guys . i need to build a new costume pc for cubase to work smoothly.
having a certain budget, someone offerd me the following specs as a new pc,
but i figured it would be a good idea to ask people who know how cubase-pc capabilities work.

the specs:

memmory:
tridantz neo for AMD ryzen series, 32GB (2X16)
288 PIN RGB DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (pc4 28800)
desktop memory model f4 3600C16D 32GTZNC

hardrive:
Addlink SSD 1TB S70 M.2 2280 NVMe

case:
ANTEC CASE DF600 FLUX

motherboard:
Asus TUF GAMING B550 plus

cooling:
CoolerMaster ML240L ARGB V2 liquid cooler

proseccor:
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X AM4 Tray

power supply:
CX 650

(already have old graphic card)

is 3.4 GHZ processor or higher is of importance, or not ? (reminder , pc for cubase)
he says not, but getting opinions from a cubase forum cant hurt.
i have noob info with pc components as you can conclude.

thanks in advance. peace an’ Love.

In the thread I link to above you can post that information and you’ll likely get some (good) answers. The thread is very long, but don’t worry, just add your post and see what people say. If you want to read about Ryzen or a Windows build in general you can start to read through that thread backwards (from the last post), and you can also find specific threads on Ryzen 3000 and 5000 series.

i understand u are trying to help, but do you think i will get better answers there ?
really wondering .my post is not long, many spaces yes, but not a lot to read :stuck_out_tongue:

still waiting for others to comment just sayin XD

Did you look at the thread?

Copy/paste your post. Takes two minutes.

Sorry, I just notice you did… Give it a few hours…

The GPU that you use is important from a system performance perspective - so really you should specify that too. Any component or driver can be a cause of increased ‘DPC latency’. It’s that latency which is usually the biggest cause of issues for audio users on Windows as it affects the ability to process audio at low latencies across the system as a whole.

So it’s important that Wifi, Network and GPU devices run as efficiently as possible. Searching on google, The motherboard appears to get a good DPC latency score - so wifi/network etc. are covered there.

The Ryzen CPU will also perform great, So your core components are all good in that build, just find out what the GPU is.

You’d be a lot better off with the 3950X. I seem to recall issues with the 3900 when I was researching mine this past spring and got the 3950X and have been pretty happy with it.
Here’s a good resource:

Look at the benchmarks of the 3900 vs 3950.

1 Like