How to run VST plugins?

I know that this is an older thread…but I couldn’t help but add a bit more… Cubase5LE …DOES NOT have the VST instrument option in the devices menu. Neither does Cubase6 LE…Just a suggestion…but it’s always healthy to realize, that just because someone is new to the scene…it doesn’t always mean that they are the ones that need to do the searching around the forum…assuming they haven’t read the pdf…etc. And if you don’t know the difference between using a VST and getting a VST application to run in your DAW, then maybe you should think twice before giving a beginner that DOES know the difference, your advice. No harm intended by my comments here…I just can’t help but remember when I was learning and posting on forums. Many times coming up empty because somebody shut me down, assuming I hadn’t done the leg work. BTW…I am now a professional audio engineer and there is never a day at the studio that I am not grateful for those in the forums that were kind enough to understand what it was like to be in the overwhelming position of a novice.