Known issues with Cubase 7 and MR

+1
I am having the Stutter and and drop out problems on MR816csx & Cubase 7 also. Cubase doesn’t shut down properly when this happens and I have to reboot. I got rid of two Motu (had 4) when I switched to 816, both the 8pre and 828mk2 were rock solid and Motu is always updating firmware/driver. Still have Motu Audio Express and I updated the firmware to latest and hooked up tonight…no dropout no reboot just worked TG. I usually use with laptop and there aren’t enough pre’s for me on it but at least I can mix with it.

Also had trouble with 816csx on 6.5.4 and had to roll back to 6.5.3 on Win7 Desktop. My laptop is running 6.5.4 w/no issues using Audio Express

I am really disappointed in Yamaha/Steinberg on this and probably will have to shy away from any other of their hardware. I always judge company by what is done when there is a ‘problem’. SHould have had a solution on book by now…

If Motu (a Mac oriented company) can make their stuff work right on Cubase I am shocked that Steinberg can’t find a way to fix :frowning: