Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7 now available!

Very disappointed with Cubase 7. Looks like Steinberg once again does not care about the pro ‘Non Songwriter’ users. What a shame. Was really looking forward to this release.

Please explain the problem, simple dismissals don’t help.

IF you buy the boxed version online can you still d/l the upgrade?

Of course, coming this December 19

Hi Guys!

I have a problem with the Cubase 7.0.1 install. When I try to install, (right-click and run as admin), C7 7.0.1 start to install but after a few seconds it ends up with -“setup have stopped working” ?? and then close down the window!

My theory is that windows7 is the problem, not Cubase7.

Things I have tried:

-Repair Cubase 7.0.0
-Shut down windows firewall and try to install C7 7.0.1
-Reset the computer to another date/ point.
-Repair Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
-Plug out every USB Plugs

Please if You have an idea of what i can do, Help me!!! I´m totaly lost!!

Sorry for my bad english, hope you understand anyway!!!

Here is some kind of report from windows, I think it called “Action Center”.

Källa (source)
Setup

Sammanfattning (summary)
Slutade fungera

Datum
‎2013-‎01-‎07 16:38

Status
Rapport skickad

Beskrivning
Stopped working
Felaktig programsökväg: C:\Users\Studio\AppData\Local\Temp\RarSFX0\Cubase_7.0.1_Update_win\Setup.exe

Problemsignatur
Händelsenamn: CLR20r3
Problemsignatur 01: setup.exe
Problemsignatur 02: 2.1.6.0
Problemsignatur 03: 50a122f0
Problemsignatur 04: System.Drawing
Problemsignatur 05: 2.0.0.0
Problemsignatur 06: 4f9267f5
Problemsignatur 07: 7b0
Problemsignatur 08: 70
Problemsignatur 09: System.ArgumentException
OS-version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Språkvariant-ID: 1053

Extra information om problemet
Bucket-ID: 3430478097

Make sure your video drivers are fully up to date and re-install from scratch.

Also ensure that eLc is installed and is up to date.

I wonder if the install update file is corrupt, have you tried re-downloading it to see if its that?

Steinberg! Crappy version!! Getting worse and worse!

Features! Great looking! Getting awesome and more awesome all the time!

Hi Again.

Thanks guys for your answers but:

studiodaz: I have try to download the update 5-6 times and even try to download it on a diffrent computer and import it via USB-stick, just to make shure there is not prob. with a firewall or something.

emotive: If there were any probs. with eLc, wouldn´t C7 7.0.0 run at all? It runs with no probs. My Video drivers shall I update/ reinstall as soon i get to the Studio tonight.

I really appreciate your tips anyway because Im totally empty of ideas now.
If your in the neighbourhood, watch out, because tonight maybe a Computer flying through my Studio-window! :wink:

/Matt

Be sure to scan your system for malware and viruses!

great program but the clientèle are getting crappier and crappier and worse and worse

what could you try ???

How about uninstalling cubase roll back windows as far as you can go and then try installing cubase and the update.

or

setup a new windows login account and try the update there.

or

Partition your hard drive and install a 2nd version of windows and install a copy of cubase and the update there.

Uninstall Cubase, perform a factory reset of Windows, run the OS (windows) updates and re-install Cubase.

For when a Cubase update 7? There are many things to fix it to work decently … :exclamation:

hi folks

I’m really tempted to up grade from C5 to C7, does anyone know of any issues I may need to know about and will there be a significant amount of strain on my PC that will come with C7?

Can old C5 projects load up ok in C7?, so on…

any feed back would be appreciated!

Don’t know what you do, so no I don’t know of any issues. Don’t know what you’ve got for hardware, so can’t answer that either.
The answers to your questions though, have already been posted throughout the forum.
Have a read through the existing posts before asking such silly questions.

You don’t need to know what I do, or the gear I have, the question was quite simple and anyone who has bought a new release will be aware that there can often be issues that come up that are experienced by most users… I am happy to deal with minor bugs I personally come across but just wanted to know if there had been any reports about transferring projects or any other conflicts with PC taxing… so on…

I have not read through the forum properly yet because I have been too busy and was hoping someone could give me a link or fill me in… not really sure why you bothered to answer but hope your no longer miffed.

As regards to CPU resource usage, yes there is an increase as documented in the release notes.

In relation to project compatibility, in general projects created in the previous version should convert fine but if there are issues going forward it may be best to re-create the project from scratch; saving presets, audio/midi files etc., otherwise deleting of preferences can help establish if there is any problem with installation of the application, i.e. from an update or patch.