Cannot change the time signature?

Cannot change the time signature?

Postby LuizGuitar » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:29 am

Hi,

When I bought Cubasis my idea was be able to write songs on the road, make a very simple pre production and later throw it all inside Mac Cubase to finish the idea.

But I notice there is no way to change the time signature of a song between two bars, or even change the tempo in the middle of the song (gradually or at least suddenly).

This is very frustating for a software with this level (and price), because it's not a technical limitation, it's a musical restriction.

I hope to see this basic feature available soon, otherwise I wasted $50.
LuizGuitar

Re: Cannot change the time signature?

Postby crohde » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:12 am

Hi Luiz,

At the moment it is not possible to change the tempo or time signature in a project.
This is however on our feature request list.
Of course we would like to have all features of Cubase in Cubasis now but please note that Cubase has had a development time of 25 years already and we just started with Cubasis! :)
Best regards,

Carlos Mendoza Rohde - Product Marketing Manager Cubase & Apps
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook
crohde

Postby Akamarko » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:36 pm

I had a piece I did recently that starts in 5/4 and then half way through changes to 4/4 time. The only solution was to record some basic rhythm tracks in 4/4 time in GarageBand, export it and then import into Cubasis and place on beat 1 of the first bar after the 5/4 section. Then added the rest of the instrumentation. Turned out fine.

But I agree, time change and tempo change over time is very much needed. Especially tempo change to give a more natural human feel to sequenced tracks.
iPad 2, iPhone 5, Mac Mini
iRig Keys, iRig Mic, iRig guitar, You Rock Guitar (midi guitar) Mobile In Guitar, GarageBand, Alchemy, Sunrizer, Cubasis, Music Studio, Amplitube, Mobile POD, MultiTrack, bs-16i, SampleTank, AudioBus, AmpKit, JamUp XT, G2M
Epiphone Les Paul Special GT
Music For iPad
Akamarko

Postby LuizGuitar » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:02 pm

Carlos,

I have my feet on the ground and know you can't rewrite a solid and old application, porting it to a more limited hardware, with all features, in few time. This is the reason I can understand the absence of features like VST, automation, time stretching/pitch tuning and others. I think it's easy to live without automation on your iPad, at least when you get home you can discharge your project into your computer and finish the edition+mastering. Same thing VST.

But with a musical limitation, I can't even start a song, just if I totally ignore the bars and record the songs out of metronome. But MIDI tracks will become weird.

The point is, I can't understand the role of Cubasis in this world yet, can't write songs on the road, can't make a final production replacing the desktop (and it should never try to). I think it would be nice to choose a direction and focus on it. I was very amazed the first time I open Cubasis, but soon I realized I don't have how to do anything from the beginning to the end. This is a little disappointing when you've spent a lot of money in an app.

Cubasis future seems to be brilliant, but today, it's aimless. No much more than amateur Garage Band, but with a much higher price.

My opinion, sorry, I don't want to offend. I am really anxious for change this opinion.
LuizGuitar

Return to Cubasis