Cubasis Updates Clarification

Cubasis Updates Clarification

Postby Akamarko » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:48 pm

Hello,

It seems there is a bit of anxiousness regarding Cubasis updates. Whether they will be free or not. In the 3 years that I've been using ios devices, I have never paid for an app udate. I have however paid extra for 'in app' purchases. ie pro sound sets in Sampletank, Alchemy, Music Studio etc. If Cubasis follows this model I am personally fine with it.

If Cubasis is updated at its core functionality, I wouldn't expect to pay for it. ie adding Audiobus support, option for 24 bit recording, more in depth midi editing, better EQ, etc. If it becomes part of the app as a standard then it shouldn't be a charged update keeping in line with the rest of the ios app model. (At least from my experience)

It would be nice to know how Steinberg will approach their updates and whether they plan to have some optional in app purchases.

That said, I love this app and look forward to some of the features that Steinberg have mentioned are coming our way.
iPad 2, iPhone 5, Mac Mini
iRig Keys, iRig Mic, iRig guitar, You Rock Guitar (midi guitar) Mobile In Guitar, GarageBand, Alchemy, Sunrizer, Cubasis, Music Studio, Amplitube, Mobile POD, MultiTrack, bs-16i, SampleTank, AudioBus, AmpKit, JamUp XT, G2M
Epiphone Les Paul Special GT
Music For iPad
Akamarko

Re: Cubasis Updates Clarification

Postby crohde » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:31 am

Akamarko wrote:It seems there is a bit of anxiousness regarding Cubasis updates. Whether they will be free or not. In the 3 years that I've been using ios devices, I have never paid for an app udate. I have however paid extra for 'in app' purchases. ie pro sound sets in Sampletank, Alchemy, Music Studio etc. If Cubasis follows this model I am personally fine with it.

Hi Akamarko,

Yes, it will be like that! We will start with the Audiobus update (coming soon) which will be for free. :) Also, we have many other updates planned for free after that.
Best regards,

Carlos Mendoza Rohde - Product Marketing Manager Cubase & Apps
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook
crohde

Postby Wally » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:05 am

Well crohde, That's the second time you have not replied to one of my questions directed specifically to you! I guess I will have to make do with your answer to the more embellished version of my question put by Akamarko
crohde wrote:
Akamarko wrote:It seems there is a bit of anxiousness regarding Cubasis updates. Whether they will be free or not. In the 3 years that I've been using ios devices, I have never paid for an app udate. I have however paid extra for 'in app' purchases. ie pro sound sets in Sampletank, Alchemy, Music Studio etc. If Cubasis follows this model I am personally fine with it.

Hi Akamarko,

Yes, it will be like that! We will start with the Audiobus update (coming soon) which will be for free. :) Also, we have many other updates planned for free after that.

Perhaps you could now offer your comments this post: viewtopic.php?f=183&t=32780
and this: viewtopic.php?f=183&t=32758
Best wishes,
Wally...
'Please do not persecute me for seeking the truth!'
Wally

Postby Akamarko » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:34 pm

crohde wrote:
Akamarko wrote:Hi Akamarko,

thanks for your response on this subject.
iPad 2, iPhone 5, Mac Mini
iRig Keys, iRig Mic, iRig guitar, You Rock Guitar (midi guitar) Mobile In Guitar, GarageBand, Alchemy, Sunrizer, Cubasis, Music Studio, Amplitube, Mobile POD, MultiTrack, bs-16i, SampleTank, AudioBus, AmpKit, JamUp XT, G2M
Epiphone Les Paul Special GT
Music For iPad
Akamarko

Return to Cubasis