Cubase 5.5.3, Hypnotic Dance 1.1, No Presets

I use Cubase 5.5.3 64-bit and just purchased Hypnotic Dance and have installed it (64-bit version) as well as the 1.1 updater that is supposed to make it functional as a stand alone VST.

I can load the VST in Cubase (it initializes with the “Trance Chords MW” patch) but cannot access any of the “300 Presets.”

I specifically selected the folder for the “Instrument Set” to be installed to and nothing exists there after the installation.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? It is quite frustrating.

Hi
I have just purchased Hypnotic Dance (download version) and have the same screenshot as you IE Trance Chords and no presets…I also downloaded the upgrade.I use Essential5.I phoned a techo at Steinberg prior to purchase and was told it was compatible…I sent them an email today and am hopeful of a quick reply.I will let you know.
good Luck
Paul

PS
I have i5 64 bit Windows 7…I downloded 32bit version of Hypnotic dance.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the heads up about your situation. I sent a request for technical support yesterday so once I hear back from that I will be sure to let you know how it went.

It just seems to me that there is some kind of issue with the installer. No matter what, it just refuses to install the presets (even when told where to install them).

I wonder if they did extensive tests with the 1.1 “Stand-alone VST” update in different situations. Like mine where I am running Cubase 5.5.3 but do not have Halion Sonic and simply want to use it as a stand-alone VST. Who knows?

Anyway, whatever I hear back I will be sure to pass along to you.

Hi
Ditto on that.
I would guess its because we do not have HALion Sonic even though the techo at Steinberg assured me it would work with my software,everything I have read about it seems to suggest that Sonic is what s needed.Just a quick reply to a simple question would be nice though…DO I NEED SONIC OR NOT??? Marcus? anyone?
Paul

Hey Paul,

Well, it has been confirmed. You have to have HALion Sonic for Hypnotic Dance to work at all and HALion Sonic is only available in Cubase 6 or higher.

I’m bummed about missing out on the instrument and I even suggested to the tech support that they update the product page and make it explicit that Hypnotic Dance will not work in Cubase 5.x. As it stands right now, the product page says it will work in a “VST 3 or VST 2 compatible host application for using as plug-in,” which is obviously misleading and incorrect.

Anyway, thanks for the back and forth on this and good luck with your music!

-Gunnar

Hi
Yea that was as I expected…I never got a reply from supportmust be a week or more) but I messaged Marcus directly(he seemed to be a vst techo from steinberg)and he advised me on a number of ways to make it work but without any success.I was asked to remove my VST3 files then it could work with VST2 …I was right to have doubts …it didnt work .He said that it was compatible …WRONG!!!Anyhow,he seems to have ignored my last message re this…think I must be more of a techo than them lol…I will see if I can get a refund now!
Thanks anyway
Good luck with your music too Gunnar
Paul

Hi Gunnar
Good news is that Hypnotic Dance is now working as a stand alone VST so I thought I would fill you in on the info…so try this out…I have copied yo in on the email received by support as follows:

Since Version 1.1 Hypnotic Dance itself is now a fully-fledged self-contained instrument, which can be used right away in any VST and AU host after installing the 1.1 Update.
Additionally you need the following Update!:

http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_cubase_5.html

Best regards

Uwe Hübner

I updated download cubase 5.1 followed by 5.3 then repeated the new update for Hypnotic 1.1 after.
opened up my cubase:F11 (devices VST Instrument)Hypnotic Dance/Trance chords
Go to project window and edit instument/
Where as before we could not shift from TRANCE CHORDS MW with the left or right to load next program/sound now it works…hope this helps …
Good Luck
Paul

Hey Paul,

Thanks for the heads up. I have everything set the way you are describing (5.5.3, 1.1, etc.) but the installer never actually installs the sound bank. I have installed it many times and I always specify where I want the sound bank to be installed and it never does it.

I sent you an e-mail a while back in regards to your latest post but didn’t hear back so I figured I’d leave this here. Anyway, I’m glad you have it working and hopefully it is a good instrument for you.

Thanks again for all the back and forth!

-Gunnar