Dual Monitors or 1 big one????

Of course all these monitors and big screen TVā€™s are almost ideal mid, high end acoustic reflective surfaces. Usually set up in a curve focusing on the listeners head. When setting up, I extensively experimented with various positions of screens and audio monitoring to find the best setup. Itā€™s quite shocking to actually hear the difference and the focused reflections from multiple monitors. I would have put in another screen to my right outwith the audio monitor, but the reflections from that made it very undesirable!

I always considered the listening and monitoring of audio to be the primary importance, but It seems like the visual aspect has become primary?

says the man with 3 monitors lol ,

It all goes down to how good your sound treatment is in your working area and as you say monitor placement , by me at least this has been taken in to consideration :wink:

This is an old picture from when the CMCs first came out. Got a T-Shirt out of the deal. Iā€™d give the T-Shirt back to get my money back for the QC and CH :laughing:

30" HP (2560x1600), 24" Samsung (1920x1200)

I have three monitors set up at present and thats cool too. They are all old resolution 4/3 aspect but I can now spread the project over two screens and get the MIxer on a third to the right.

I have been running dual screens for a while now in 19 in - about a decade.

I may well do something similar with the new big screen - one big one and two satelaitesw either side. See how things go.

We seem to be doing pics so hereā€™s one

Yeah, thats how I know :laughing: I would have more but just couldnā€™t find space where they worked without destroying the sound, within a reasonable viewing angle that is!

Or you could just do what ZeroZero does and plonk one right in front of the speaker :sunglasses:

Spot the singing fish :mrgreen:

As I said above its a temporary arrangement. for the pic.

Ahā€¦ I thought you could put a similar one in front of the left speaker to balance things up (only joking)

Big Mouth Billy Bass in the backgroundā€¦

Fair point :wink: The studio does need a sort at present. I am working in Surround so you cant see a lot of it in the pic

Just found out that Curryā€™s have cancelled my order for the 42" in apparently LG have none in stock. Sounded too good to be true

Looking at your setup, I would have thought a 42" that close would be way to big!!!

Remember the resolution is still just 1920 by 1080 even on a 60"

A couple of nice 24" monitors would give you 3840 by 1080 and not make you go crosseyed.

i did notice that but i thought id leave for you to mention lol

I mentioned it twice but no one rose to the baitā€¦ boom, boom :laughing:

Ah but did you spot the three wise monkeys?

I thought I saw a Russian doll?

Funnily enough I just bought one of these http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-47LM620T-3d-tv but itā€™s for my living room not the studio.

Seems like a good peice of kit.

I think so, I didnā€™t get it for the 3D but it was on offer in Richersounds and got a free 5 year guarantee.
Turns out the sales person uses one of my practice rooms :laughing:

You know whatā€¦

Iā€™ve got one 14" monitor for my productions. I sure do a lot of clickin. :slight_smile: maybe itā€™s time for me to get a bigger monitor.

4K is the way to go for flexible pixel space:
SOK-MUS.Studio-mixing_desk-Cubase.2014-07-09.jpg
But extra screens help!

Big screens help for repair tools like RX:

3 24 inchers for me, one on top of the other so I donā€™t have to have the monitors to far apart.