Dual Monitors or 1 big one????

says the man with 3 monitors lol ,

It all goes down to how good your sound treatment is in your working area and as you say monitor placement , by me at least this has been taken in to consideration :wink:

This is an old picture from when the CMCs first came out. Got a T-Shirt out of the deal. Iā€™d give the T-Shirt back to get my money back for the QC and CH :laughing:

30" HP (2560x1600), 24" Samsung (1920x1200)

I have three monitors set up at present and thats cool too. They are all old resolution 4/3 aspect but I can now spread the project over two screens and get the MIxer on a third to the right.

I have been running dual screens for a while now in 19 in - about a decade.

I may well do something similar with the new big screen - one big one and two satelaitesw either side. See how things go.

We seem to be doing pics so hereā€™s one

Yeah, thats how I know :laughing: I would have more but just couldnā€™t find space where they worked without destroying the sound, within a reasonable viewing angle that is!

Or you could just do what ZeroZero does and plonk one right in front of the speaker :sunglasses:

Spot the singing fish :mrgreen:

As I said above its a temporary arrangement. for the pic.

Ahā€¦ I thought you could put a similar one in front of the left speaker to balance things up (only joking)

Big Mouth Billy Bass in the backgroundā€¦

Fair point :wink: The studio does need a sort at present. I am working in Surround so you cant see a lot of it in the pic

Just found out that Curryā€™s have cancelled my order for the 42" in apparently LG have none in stock. Sounded too good to be true

Looking at your setup, I would have thought a 42" that close would be way to big!!!

Remember the resolution is still just 1920 by 1080 even on a 60"

A couple of nice 24" monitors would give you 3840 by 1080 and not make you go crosseyed.

i did notice that but i thought id leave for you to mention lol

I mentioned it twice but no one rose to the baitā€¦ boom, boom :laughing:

Ah but did you spot the three wise monkeys?

I thought I saw a Russian doll?

Funnily enough I just bought one of these http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-47LM620T-3d-tv but itā€™s for my living room not the studio.

Seems like a good peice of kit.

I think so, I didnā€™t get it for the 3D but it was on offer in Richersounds and got a free 5 year guarantee.
Turns out the sales person uses one of my practice rooms :laughing:

You know whatā€¦

Iā€™ve got one 14" monitor for my productions. I sure do a lot of clickin. :slight_smile: maybe itā€™s time for me to get a bigger monitor.

4K is the way to go for flexible pixel space:
SOK-MUS.Studio-mixing_desk-Cubase.2014-07-09.jpg
But extra screens help!

Big screens help for repair tools like RX:

3 24 inchers for me, one on top of the other so I donā€™t have to have the monitors to far apart.

I find there are two sorts of people when it comes to monitors, namely those that:
a) Like to only see what they are working on. Can get overwhelmed by too much information - feel cluttered.
b) Like to see it all and instantly go to any part of it.
The former obviously have cheaper monitor requirements, while for the latter, there are never enough pixels!

If you have been putting up with a 14", you possibly have been content to be in the former. But if you are tempted by comments here to expand your pixel horizons, perhaps you should try and see what it looks like in reality. One of the musos on our CD, who was used to Logic at 800x600 at the time, did not like my setup that was a then modest 2 x 1280x1024 - too much info for them! You may still prefer to do the clickinā€™.