Best remote control for WL7 ?

Good question …

I have a Mackie MCU Pro and a couple of the little CMC units which work great with Cubase. They certainly don’t work out of the box with WL … the Play button on the Transport CMC works … but thats it.

To be honest I can’t be bothered digging into WL to see if there’s way to map things. The current UI drives me crazy, though it’s the best app for a big project I’m doing currently. However I had to develop a workflow through WL for it which doesn’t make a lick of sense and it irritates me every ‘cycle’ of content I complete.

I’d like the Transport CMC to work in WL … there’s some nice navigation controls on it ( touch strip for scrubbing? ) and it sits so nicely on my desk. I’d like to be able to switch playback modes using the remotes too … add markers… there’s lots of functionality IMO.

Maybe some of the CMC units don’t translate ( channel controller, drum pads ) but I think the Quick Controller knobs and buttons could be very useful if WL supported them.

Before anyone shoots me down about keyboard shortcuts … yes I know it’s all in there for WL … but I’m spend my time in dozens of media apps and I don’t want to waste any of my limited brain power trying to recall key combinations. I want to focus on the content … and enjoy working. Thats where software ecosystems really get powerful. When different tools are consistent its magic. And hardware controllers really help in that respect.

Best