MR816CSX DSP features problem w/ Automap

Well I have an old Mackie MCU Pro which use for Level Faders and Transport. However since it’s not portable I got the CMC Transport unit and I find myself using it a lot even with the MCU in front of me. It lets me hold the mouse with my right hand and hit transport controls with my left. To use the MCU controls I have to use my mouse hand and switch back a forth.

I got the Quick Controller just so I could have knobs for Cubase’s channel EQ. A Pair for each band ( one knob doubles Freq and Q ) but I like it. Somehow I can ‘think and hear’ while twidling a knob, something that doesn’t work fro me while tracking a mouse on a screen control. The other buttons are good … and I have actually set up a few “Quick Control” set ups on tracks … works well. No way I’d use Quick Controls through the UI. This can be achieved via the MCU or Automap … but somehow the layout of the knobs helps me. Lets face it… I jsut want a big ol’ mixer again. ( not gonna happen … but I want it! )

So another one? Well I’d probably give the AI knob a go. Point at a control and turn the knob. Not sure it it would work for me … I mean if I’m pointing at a control anyway, just click and drag right? But seeing as the EQ knobs are useful maybe other things would be too.

Sorry for drifting off topic.