Wireless Ad hoc setup

I have no internet connection in the studio.
But I have a wireless network card and have setup an Ad Hoc wireless connection.
I can not make the app work although I downloaded the installer and activated in the devices setup menu.
I also connected my starionary pc and Ipad to the same Ad Hoc network.

There is no computer in the list when opening the app in my Ipad.
I use the latest version of Cubase 7.

Is it possible to set it up with an ad hoc solution at all?

Why there is no direct (cable) MIDI connectivity option and only WiFi option?
Can you please implement that feature in future update, or is that an impossible task…?
BTW; Love this app regardless :slight_smile:

Hi Dennis,

Is your handheld device connected to the ad-hoc network?
If yes, has Bonjour been previously installed on your computer?

Please try to do the following:

Network related issues

• Windows only: It is mandatory to have Apple Bonjour installed on your system to run Cubase iC Pro. Please download and install Bonjour Print Services for Windows from the Appe website
• Windows only: Two networks (and IPs) on the same computer can’t be used simultaneously. Please disconnect the ethernet cable from the computer and then connect Cubase iC Pro using the Wi-Fi (Wireless LAN) option of your system. In some cases, it is necessary to disable Bluetooth on your iOS device if no connection between Cubase and Cubase iC Pro can be established
• Windows only: By default, most programs are blocked by Windows Firewall. To establish a connection, Cubase requires to communicate with Cubase iC Pro through the firewall. Please follow the official link* provided by Microsoft to allow Cubase to communicate through Windows Firewall

*> Windows help & learning

@atlatnesiti Cubase iC Pro is based on another protocol than the MIDI protocol. MIDI does not allow enough integration.

Cheers,